Google playstore on samsung knox

Search This thread

sanjay01234

Oct 26, 2014
Hi, I'm new in this forum. I have a samsung galaxy S4 with knox 2.0. So I heard that with knox 2.0 each app doesn't have to be wrapped in a container anymore so theoretically you can install any app.

Now I have a problem, I have setup my knox container but I can only access the special knox app store. I really wanna access the full google playstore. So I can use this like a 2nd phone.

I read this is possible but I have no idea how to achieve this. I think it's only for enterprise users but is there absolutely no backdoor way to get this without needing an account. Or whatever

Can someone help me please?????

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
https://www.samsungknox.com/en/faq/...tly-google-play-or-internet-browser-container

The Galaxy S4 initially came with Knox 1.0, but the I9505XXUGNE5 update upgraded Knox to 2.0. Did you check for over the air updates before setting up the container? Reason why I ask because by your description, you're showing every sign of having Knox 1.0, which cannot use Google Play. As per the FAQ linked above, 2.0 includes Google Play in the container.

Last edited:

sanjay01234

Oct 26, 2014
No I have Knox 2.0, I checked in knox settings. But I think in order to use google play etc. you need an enterprise acccount of some sort. I dont know if this true and if it is, maybe there is a workaround or a way to bypass this.