FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

How to fix (Null, Invalid, Fake) IMEI & get Official status & OTA updats - GT-I9500

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By MasterMan82, Junior Member on 22nd July 2014, 02:55 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello guys
This thread will show you how to fix your IMEI problems and get official status on your Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500)
Its working 100%


First root your device with CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500
Reboot in DOWNLOAD MODE ( Volume Down + Home + Power )
Connect your phone to PC via USP cable
Run Odin3 > click PDA or AP > Choose this file (CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.tar.md5)
now click Start
Phone will reboot then its rooted

Second install TWRP Recovery
Reboot in DOWNLOAD MODE ( Volume Down + Home + Power )
Connect your phone to PC via USP cable
Run Odin3 > click PDA or AP > Choose this file (openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-i9500.tar)
now click Start
Phone will reboot then you have TWRP Recovery installed

Third reboot in RECOVERY MODE ( Volume Up + Home + Power )
Tap Wipe > Format Data
Tap Wipe > Advance Wipe and select all EXCEPT External SD and USB Storage
Tap Reboot > Download Mode and flash Stock Firmware (must be same country)
Wait till finish and now you have Official status and original IMEI and receive OTA updates

If you don't know how to flash Stock Firmware this is how
Reboot in DOWNLOAD MODE ( Volume Down + Home + Power )
Connect your phone to PC via USP cable
Run Odin3 > click PDA or AP > Choose downloaded file .tar.md5
In my case its I9500XXUFNB4_I9500OJVFNC1_I9500XXUFNC1.tar.md5
now click Start
Phone will reboot

you should make wipe data from stock recovery
and your done.

I hope it will be useful for some people
I made this thread because i saw many users asking about this problem
Last edited by MasterMan82; 25th July 2014 at 01:22 AM. Reason: add wipe data step :)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MasterMan82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
22nd July 2014, 11:39 AM |#2  
:::fajri13:::'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
I follow your steps, but i still got custom status . How is this?
EDIT: Solved! After flash stock rom i do wipe data from stock recovery and i got official status!
Last edited by :::fajri13:::; 22nd July 2014 at 11:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to :::fajri13::: For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2014, 01:17 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by :::fajri13:::

I follow your steps, but i still got custom status . How is this?
EDIT: Solved! After flash stock rom i do wipe data from stock recovery and i got official status!

Oops! sorry bro i didn't list this step because we normally make wipe data after flash stock rom
25th January 2015, 10:03 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i9505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMan82

Hello guys
This thread will show you how to fix your IMEI problems and get official status on your Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500)
Its working 100%


First root your device with CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500
Reboot in DOWNLOAD MODE ( Volume Down + Home + Power )
Connect your phone to PC via USP cable
Run Odin3 > click PDA or AP > Choose this file (CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.tar.md5)
now click Start
Phone will reboot then its rooted

Second install TWRP Recovery
Reboot in DOWNLOAD MODE ( Volume Down + Home + Power )
Connect your phone to PC via USP cable
Run Odin3 > click PDA or AP > Choose this file (openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-i9500.tar)
now click Start
Phone will reboot then you have TWRP Recovery installed

Third reboot in RECOVERY MODE ( Volume Up + Home + Power )
Tap Wipe > Format Data
Tap Wipe > Advance Wipe and select all EXCEPT External SD and USB Storage
Tap Reboot > Download Mode and flash Stock Firmware (must be same country)
Wait till finish and now you have Official status and original IMEI and receive OTA updates

If you don't know how to flash Stock Firmware this is how
Reboot in DOWNLOAD MODE ( Volume Down + Home + Power )
Connect your phone to PC via USP cable
Run Odin3 > click PDA or AP > Choose downloaded file .tar.md5
In my case its I9500XXUFNB4_I9500OJVFNC1_I9500XXUFNC1.tar.md5
now click Start
Phone will reboot

you should make wipe data from stock recovery
and your done.

I hope it will be useful for some people
I made this thread because i saw many users asking about this problem

Could this work on a i9505?
31st January 2015, 05:09 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
I followed your steps but i still have uknown baseband and IMEI, plz help me.
1st February 2015, 04:47 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 487
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybank_789

I followed your steps but i still have uknown baseband and IMEI, plz help me.

This guide is not usefull. It will not fix what you have.
2nd February 2015, 09:09 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988

This guide is not usefull. It will not fix what you have.

i've got the same problem.. so can you tell me how to fix it? thanks
2nd February 2015, 09:29 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 487
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzzz7

i've got the same problem.. so can you tell me how to fix it? thanks

Not with this little information. It can be caused by numorous things.

Or you messed up or you got a hardware failure.
10th February 2015, 11:55 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes