Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 40,084 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Mirror your Samsung Galaxy S4/S5 display on your TV?

Tip us?

Hinsung
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default How to Mirror your Samsung Galaxy S4/S5 display on your TV?

There are two ways to do it with Samsung Galaxy S4/S5, which are the Wired method and the Wireless Method.

First, Wired Method. For this you will need to get a Samsung MHL to HDMI Adapter.

•Before plugging in any cables you need to adjust some Settings.

•Settings > My Device Tab > Accessory > Audio Output > Put a check mark next to Surround

•Connect one end of your HDMI cable to the tv and the other end of the cable goes into the mhl adapter. The MHL adapter has a female HDMI recepticle in one end of it.

•Connect the power cable (for the MHL adapter) into the wall and then put the other end of the power cable into the MHL adapter. The MHL adapter itself needs to be powered in order to work.

•Set the TV to the proper Input and you will now see what is displayed on the phone on the TV.

Second, Wireless Method. For this you will need to get a Samsung Allshare Cast Dongle.

•Connect the Dongle to the TV and select that Input.

•When the light on the Dongle blinks Red press the Reset button until it turns Blue.

•On the Phone go to Settings > Connections Tab > Screen Mirroring and turn that on.

•After a few moments the Dongle will appear on the list of devices.

•Tap the device on the list and it will start mirroring the phone on the TV.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hinsung For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pimjai
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Nice little guide. instead of an allshare cast dongle you can also use a chromecast to mirror your screen, i believe they are a lot cheaper, and allso usefull with non samsung devices.

Chea2k
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinsung View Post
There are two ways to do it with Samsung Galaxy S4/S5, which are the Wired method and the Wireless Method.

First, Wired Method. For this you will need to get a Samsung MHL to HDMI Adapter.

•Before plugging in any cables you need to adjust some Settings.

•Settings > My Device Tab > Accessory > Audio Output > Put a check mark next to Surround

•Connect one end of your HDMI cable to the tv and the other end of the cable goes into the mhl adapter. The MHL adapter has a female HDMI recepticle in one end of it.

•Connect the power cable (for the MHL adapter) into the wall and then put the other end of the power cable into the MHL adapter. The MHL adapter itself needs to be powered in order to work.

•Set the TV to the proper Input and you will now see what is displayed on the phone on the TV.

Second, Wireless Method. For this you will need to get a Samsung Allshare Cast Dongle.

•Connect the Dongle to the TV and select that Input.

•When the light on the Dongle blinks Red press the Reset button until it turns Blue.

•On the Phone go to Settings > Connections Tab > Screen Mirroring and turn that on.

•After a few moments the Dongle will appear on the list of devices.

•Tap the device on the list and it will start mirroring the phone on the TV.
Hmmm. I never really thought of doing this but now you've got me interested. Thanks.

Ir_Matt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What about through Wifi direct using a smart tv?

frgo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir_Matt View Post
What about through Wifi direct using a smart tv?
It works somehow with my philips tv. There is 1-2s lag and I need to reboot my phone before connecting. And it will still fail to connect sometimes.

deepaksupercool20
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My s4 screen working works perfect with my SONY BRAVIA.
But it gets disconnected frequently, once in every 1-2 hours. Any solutions?