Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,103 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM} MIUI Rom port i9505 Closest to MIUI offical

Tip us?

clax6
Old
(Last edited by clax6; 15th December 2013 at 08:33 PM.) Reason: re worded and added miui dload link
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Talking [ROM} MIUI Rom port i9505 Closest to MIUI offical

Hi all, here is MIUI offical port from the MIUI forum. i am not the creator just the informer!

TW based rom 4.2.2

The stock kernel works fine but you must flash a baseband to get WIFI working (via ODIN)

Updates working via OTA (weekly on a friday)

Here is the link to download the Rom http://en.miui.com/download-110.html

it will be slow as its from the chinese servers.

If you want gapps, download gapps for 4.2.2 from http://goo.im and flash it.

wipe date/factory and install zip in recovery im using philz recovery and have had no issues

For lite *#*#4636#*#* then phone information then select lte gsm cmda etc

if you wish to make a mirror then please get permision from the creator 郁闷得撞墙 Author number 3472249

This rom has been smoothed out alot over the last update and only small bugs are left to sort out.

Sms screen rotate doesnt work.

You have to flash a baseband to get wifi working

If theres any bug ive missed drop me a pm and i will add them

In my opion this is the closest to the real MIUI that we will get unless of course they support it.

thanks to dreamxp for first mentioning this release in bmarkos thread and thanks to the creator that made this port 郁闷得撞墙
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to clax6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nihonjin
Old
(Last edited by nihonjin; 26th November 2013 at 10:18 AM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 11
I cant seem to install it. I wipe system and data and then proceed to install and it gets as far as the updating boot image and then auto reboots out of CWM and then it wont boot.

Any suggestions? I have downloaded the rom twice now just in case it was corrupt file but same issue both times.

thanks.

update:

ok fixed the problem changed cwm to philz and everything installed fine.

clax6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihonjin View Post
I cant seem to install it. I wipe system and data and then proceed to install and it gets as far as the updating boot image and then auto reboots out of CWM and then it wont boot.

Any suggestions? I have downloaded the rom twice now just in case it was corrupt file but same issue both times.

thanks.

update:

ok fixed the problem changed cwm to philz and everything installed fine.

nice one just flashing now

clax6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by clax6 View Post
nice one just flashing now

ok flashed fine but no wifi working.

ive clicked the link to flash a kernal but it takes me to miui site and i cant see the link.

is your wifi working?

clax6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
ok flashed fine but no wifi working.

ive clicked the link to flash a kernal but it takes me to miui site and i cant see the link.

is your wifi working?

ok ive found the link to the zip for some reason it was taking me to the wrong page

nihonjin
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Yep wifi working after flashing kernal.

What is the best way to install stock samsung apps. I want to install the stock keyboard and s planner app.

Sent from my GT-I9505

clax6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Isn't the keyboard the stock one? I see it's a little different but it has the numbers across the top

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pettenao
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Just installed... tnx to Bmarko for doing a great job with the porting version but... this version is finally the best one I tried so far... I had just a reboot while importing sms and the "problems" already mentioned in the first post... but it's fast, clean, beautiful... the camera is fastest than the stock one (I have to do some more tests anyway), there are also some features from the original firmware, the multiwindow, air gesture, etc....

I love it!!

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Just installed... tnx to Bmarko for doing a great job with the porting version but... this version is finally the best one I tried so far... I had just a reboot while importing sms and the "problems" already mentioned in the first post... but it's fast, clean, beautiful... the camera is fastest than the stock one (I have to do some more tests anyway), there are also some features from the original firmware, the multiwindow, air gesture, etc....

I love it!!

tanoxxx
Old
(Last edited by tanoxxx; 26th November 2013 at 01:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 417
@clax6
Hi, Thanks for this great new and for share it with us
I downloading it

Can you say me from which rom is based? CM or what?

Quote:
If wifi doen't work ,flash kernel in http://www.miui.com/forum.php?mod=vi...ad&tid=1509515,
Where i can found it? if you cant share in pubblic the link can you send me a pm?

Thanks

Thanks
My Devices : Lg G2 - Galaxy S4 - Nexus 7 - Lg Optimus L5

clax6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanoxxx View Post
@clax6
Hi, Thanks for this great new and for share it with us
I downloading it

Can you say me from which rom is based? CM or what?

Where i can found it? if you cant share in pubblic the link can you send me a pm?

Thanks

HI i cant take any credit for the find it was thanks to dreamxp on the MIUI port rom thread that found it i simply made this thread to keep the comments seperate as it was getting confusing

here is a link to the kernal to sort the wifi problem out http://www.miui.com/forum.php?mod=mi...mhash=df509285

and yes the base is TW so all TW features are here although ive not had chance to play with it fully yet.

the only problem i have found other than the sms problem is the ringtone volume sounds too loud even when you reduce the volume it seems to go loud again.

The Following User Says Thank You to clax6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
miui