[Q] unlocking s4 SM-S975L - help please

Search This thread

dima1981

Jun 12, 2011
hi,
couldn't find a solution anywhere, so i'm trying here, apologies if i misplaced my post.
i bought a s4 SM-S975L from wallmart (straightalk) in the US, but got relocated by my employer to israel.
now im stationed in israel/malta (rotating).

the s4 SM-S975L is locked apparently for any sim. tried to contact the company - they blew me off.
now im stuck with a phone which i cant use.

does anyone know how to "sim unlock" this one?

please?

thank you

Last edited:

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
You might want to remove your email unless you want to get harvested by a spambot.

Straight Talk Unlocking Policy

It's no surprise that Straight Talk blew you off. Your situation doesn't meet their terms and conditions in that you haven't had the phone active for one year. As to unlocking your phone, you can use either of the two methods that have already been discussed on these forums. Either going through the service menu to unlock, or using RegionLock Away and praying it works. Otherwise, you're out of luck and should send the phone to someone you know in the US so they can return it to WalMart.

dima1981

Jun 12, 2011
thanks, but

thanks, but the mentioned dont fit.
they are not suitable for the model i have.

any other ideas? anyone?

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
If the methods mentioned didn't work, you'll have to purchase an unlock code from a third party. You could always put the phone on eBay and sell it, if you're not able to return it and don't want to spend any further money.

Be aware that even if you do get the phone unlocked LTE will not work in Israel as the phone doesn't have the correct bands. 3G and HSPA+ should still function.

dima1981

Jun 12, 2011
thanks, can

thank you.
can you perhpas guide me to where i can get such a code?
3G and HSPA+ should still function - thats ok