[Q] Wifi not switching on

Search This thread

daylebo5

Jan 28, 2009
Hi All,
Problem: Wifi is not switching on my Galaxy S4 (I9505). It's been grayed out and I'm unable to switch it on.

Actions taken: I've been researching and trying to resolve this problem non stop for nearly 24 hours. I've done the following:
- Upgraded my stock to CyanogenMod 11 since I (naively) thought it would rectify the wifi problem. (cm-11-20141008-SNAPSHOT-M11-jflte)
- Updated my modem to the latest one I could find (I9505XXUGNG2_MODEM)
- Installed the wifi fix (I9505XXUGNG8_WIFI_FIX)
- Tried a bunch of other suggestion (e.g. using sqlite to change some setting values.)

No sure what more I can do, and I'm starting to think it might be a hardware problem? :eek:
Are there any more suggestions? Or is there any way to debug it and find out if it's an hardware problem?

Appreciate any help I could get , coz this is driving me crazy!

2hyklsk.png

2vadpa9.png

Last edited:

daylebo5

Jan 28, 2009
OK, I tried downloading the latest firmware - No Help
Also tried installing new kernel over the cyanogenmod kernel
- Tried Ktoon but it broke a few more things such as basic connectivity and did not help with the wifi issue (i.e. KT-SGS4-KK4.4-AOSP-INTL-07.12.2014)
- Currently running Alucard but the wifi issue still persist (i.e. Kernel-Alucard-V1.4ocm-[00-22]-[09-11]-AOSPV2-EUR-KK4.4-SGIV-PWR-CORE)

Haven't had a chance to try a Imperium ROM, since I needed my phone and didn't have sufficient time to wipe and reinstall all data and apps. Any other suggestions before flashing a completely new rom?

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
Revert to stock.
Flash stock rom twice

First time, let odin auto reboot and you configure your phone. Then go to download mode again

Second time flashing, uncheck auto reboot. Keep phone off for 5-10 minutes after flashing and then turn on.

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ? "