[Q] restore gt-i9505 or maybe gti9515

Search This thread

flexbex

May 17, 2009
Hey guys
story is:
i live in Vietnam and my mobile glas was broken. To fix it I went to one of the corner shops to let it fix (I should have done it on my own).
After 4 days I became my phone back but they put a new OS on it (I don't speak vietnamese so I could not understand why). The phone seems to work and all my data was lost (I did not backup because I thought changing the glas would not affect my OS).
The only problem was that while booting the phone was telling me I have a GT-I9515 and not a GT-I9505(which is written on the sticker on the back and also in the device information under settings). Because all these looked so strange to me I considered to put a new OS on it.
I backuped everything. Also the EFS with efs pro.
Then I tried different OS for GT-I9505.
Putting the new OS on it with Odin failed with the message
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> FAIL! (Auth)

(Also the original one from Sammobile failed)

then i condered to do it with
Philz CM:
this worked! But on the boot screen it was still telling me that i have a i9519 and not i9505. And the Touchscreen didn't work. So I concidered to restore the OS from the shop. This worked and the touchsreen now works also.
But restoring the EFS with EFS Pro failed!!!

So please could anybody help me restoring my phone. At least the Efs folder. But I would prefer to have a new clean OS.

thx guys

Felix

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Boot into download mode. It will state your model. All other model numbers can be modified, so only look at the one stated in download mode.

If you had an i9505 and now it's an i9515, then they swapped the motherboard. If that's the case then you need to flash an I9515 firmware.

ps my guess is they really did swap your motherboardboard because of the non-functioning touchscreen in the recovery. That only happens when you use an i9505 recovery on a i9515.

Reactions: flexbex

flexbex

May 17, 2009
Yes you are right they swapped my motherboard. It looks like that a motherboard from i9505 is worthier for them than a i9515. I was warned about that. :(

Ok then I will give it a try with i9515 offical one cause there are not many custom roms around for that type. i hope this will restore my imei as well.

thx Felix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Boot into download mode. It will state your model. All other model numbers can be modified, so only look at the one stated in download mode.

If you had an i9505 and now it's an i9515, then they swapped the motherboard. If that's the case then you need to flash an I9515 firmware.

ps my guess is they really did swap your motherboardboard because of the non-functioning touchscreen in the recovery. That only happens when you use an i9505 recovery on a i9515.