Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Battery drains fast!!!! Help!!!

OP MidhunCN

1st August 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 13
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
For the past few days I've been noticing that the battery is draining terribly fast, a quick check in the battery details page revealed that my wifi is being used throughout the time my phone is on, even though the wifi is off in settings and quick songs notification panel. How's that possible?. Is it some app which is using the wifi?. But can the app use the wifi which is off? . My S4 is a GT-I9500 model running 4.4.2

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1406855225881.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (37.1 KB, 142 views)
1st August 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #2  
lolo9393's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chau Doc Vietnam
Thanks Meter: 109
 
445 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidhunCN

For the past few days I've been noticing that the battery is draining terribly fast, a quick check in the battery details page revealed that my wifi is being used throughout the time my phone is on, even though the wifi is off in settings and quick songs notification panel. How's that possible?. Is it some app which is using the wifi?. But can the app use the wifi which is off? . My S4 is a GT-I9500 model running 4.4.2

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

WIFI is always ON in your example, but it is not the issue you are looking for.
You have to find what application ( or wakelock) is running in background when your graph is in AWAKE state.
1st August 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 295
 
1,897 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Drain? What drain? There is absolutely no drain visible on the screenshot. Your screen uses power. That's normal for a screen to do.
2nd August 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #4  
MrAndroid12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 136
 
997 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Smart Stay and adaptive (screen mode) drains battery a lot so you should consider disabling it.
5th August 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 13
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
I've turned off adaptive display, ill check if it will improve the battery life. Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app
5th August 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 13
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
It came down from 95 to 13 within 7 hours, no games, no text's, 4-5 phone calls. Dats it. I once in a while turn on the screen for checking time and browse through my gallery. The charge went down 7% while i was typing this reply

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app
5th August 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #7  
DeepankarS's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 450
 
1,205 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidhunCN

It came down from 95 to 13 within 7 hours, no games, no text's, 4-5 phone calls. Dats it. I once in a while turn on the screen for checking time and browse through my gallery. The charge went down 7% while i was typing this reply

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

Callibrate it.

If that doesnot help,try another ROM

Thank me if I helped
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via XDA app.
8th August 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 13
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
As u can see from this graph, my phones charge came from 95 to 15% in just 7 hours, with hardly any usage. Is this issue hardware related, could a faulty battery be the culprit. My phone is just 3 months old and still under warranty, should i consider replacing it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1407495609466.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (33.6 KB, 35 views)
8th August 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #9  
bigmike6200's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vallejo
Thanks Meter: 1,966
 
1,784 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidhunCN

As u can see from this graph, my phones charge came from 95 to 15% in just 7 hours, with hardly any usage. Is this issue hardware related, could a faulty battery be the culprit. My phone is just 3 months old and still under warranty, should i consider replacing it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

Look at your processes and see what is draining the battery.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes