Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 48,673 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Restore for warranty without cable

Tip us?

Jonage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Restore for warranty without cable

Hi to all.
I have some issues with my S4 and want to have it treated on warranty, but the major issue is the USB connector NOT working.
It is charging somehow, but disconnecting and connecting all the time.

Another issues I have are the switching between Edge and HSPDA+, which is mostly not working, I have to switch it manually to H+ or GSM.
Also my screen is blinking, so I will send it back and never want to se that again.

But the problem is, that the original rom I had was Polish (it is unofficial distribution in my country) and I flashed it a few times, rooted, tried several ROMs but reverted back to original. Now there is German Rom installed - the official one, no Root or recowery, but I think the internal counter (Knox or how is called) is set up.

Is there any way to put it to the original shape with only access through SD card? Or do you think, will the service look for that counter?
Thanks for your replies.

Tkkg1994
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonage View Post
Hi to all.
I have some issues with my S4 and want to have it treated on warranty, but the major issue is the USB connector NOT working.
It is charging somehow, but disconnecting and connecting all the time.

Another issues I have are the switching between Edge and HSPDA+, which is mostly not working, I have to switch it manually to H+ or GSM.
Also my screen is blinking, so I will send it back and never want to se that again.

But the problem is, that the original rom I had was Polish (it is unofficial distribution in my country) and I flashed it a few times, rooted, tried several ROMs but reverted back to original. Now there is German Rom installed - the official one, no Root or recowery, but I think the internal counter (Knox or how is called) is set up.

Is there any way to put it to the original shape with only access through SD card? Or do you think, will the service look for that counter?
Thanks for your replies.
The problem is, this counter is just for the services and seller... if Knox is 0x1 they wont repair it without costs. But you can try it anyway
My Devices: Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) (LTE), Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T805) (LTE) and Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) (Int). Love to all Googy Max kernels and to Philz Touch Recovery. <3

Please hit Thanks if I helped you!!

Jonage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
How to check the knox?

Tkkg1994
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
How to check the knox?
Shut down your phone. Press Power + Volume Down until the screen turns on. Than there is a Warning, ignore it and go ahead. There will be the Knox and everything
My Devices: Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) (LTE), Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T805) (LTE) and Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) (Int). Love to all Googy Max kernels and to Philz Touch Recovery. <3

The Following User Says Thank You to Tkkg1994 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jonage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks, I forgotten about that.
Yes, there is Know Warranty void: 0x1
Current banary: Samsung Official, System status: Official

Tkkg1994
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Thanks, I forgotten about that.
Yes, there is Know Warranty void: 0x1
Current banary: Samsung Official, System status: Official
If I help you, I would appreciate if you click thanks
So maybe your seller wont repair your phone...I would make a full wipe in your case and see if the problems still exist.

Jonage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Another thought, maybe the download mode connection to computer is working.

Tkkg1994
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Another thought, maybe the download mode connection to computer is working.
Try it, if yes, go to recovery and wipe all your user data, clicking clean to install a new rom (In philz touch recovery) and than flash the latest software from sammobile, searching your provider
than flash it in Odin3.09, select AP and than choose the downloaded rom (it must be a tar.md5 file.)

Jonage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Yeah, but now I read there is no way to set the knox trigger back, anyway....

Tkkg1994
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Yeah, but now I read there is no way to set the knox trigger back, anyway....
No, there is no way. Most of people say it's en eFuse chip and when you flash any custom thing, this chip will be destroyed and it will be destroyed for ever.

Tags
restore, warranty