Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Black spots on camera

Tip us?

GreekBlood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Default Black spots on camera

Ive made some pics and videos and my camera has black spots. I cleaned the window and it still has the spots (look thr attachment)

When i take a picture zoomed the black spots move to its side (like you zoom into a pic and the edges dissapear off the screen because the pic is getting bigger than your screen)

Could this be a dirty camera or do I need a camera replacement for this?
If it is dirty, is there a way how I can open the window from the camera to clean it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408917071220.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (49.3 KB, 40 views)

GreekBlood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Bump

ShinySide
Old
Thanks Meter 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekBlood View Post
Ive made some pics and videos and my camera has black spots. I cleaned the window and it still has the spots (look thr attachment)

When i take a picture zoomed the black spots move to its side (like you zoom into a pic and the edges dissapear off the screen because the pic is getting bigger than your screen)

Could this be a dirty camera or do I need a camera replacement for this?
If it is dirty, is there a way how I can open the window from the camera to clean it?
Question, if you were to smack your phone against your hand hard multiple times do the black spots move from where they were? My first thought would be dirt in the lens. How it got there no idea...or how to get it out...

mazbot
Old
Thanks Meter 18
If the spot doesn't get bigger when you zoom in over it, I think its not due lens but related to the sensor.

GreekBlood
Old
(Last edited by GreekBlood; 28th August 2014 at 11:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide View Post
Question, if you were to smack your phone against your hand hard multiple times do the black spots move from where they were? My first thought would be dirt in the lens. How it got there no idea...or how to get it out...
I don't want to break my phone, I smacked it hard against my hand but they don't move.
I can not take apart my phone, 1 screw is extremely tight and I don't want to ruin the screw by trying over and over.

Any idea?

Ps when zooming the spots get bigger, but move out of the screen

mazbot
Old
Thanks Meter 18
So it's dust.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Changing the camera module looks the best option if you still have warranty.

vpwrf
Old
(Last edited by vpwrf; 28th August 2014 at 08:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
I have a similar problem. I have a couple of dark spots. I have tried taking the cover off the lens and blowing really hard but can't get them to go no matter what. I am really annoyed. The same thing also happened on my S3. I really don't want to claim warranty because I will most probably end up with Knox. There's no way I am risking it being upgraded to Knox firmware.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-08-14 18.28.16.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (247.8 KB, 21 views)
GT-I9505

Rom: Stock rooted
Android version: 4.2.2
Firmware: I9505XXUBMGA
Mod: Jkay Deluxe (Framework: MGA v0.5.2 App: v0.5.2)

GreekBlood
Old
(Last edited by GreekBlood; 29th August 2014 at 12:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpwrf View Post
I have a similar problem. I have a couple of dark spots. I have tried taking the cover off the lens and blowing really hard but can't get them to go no matter what. I am really annoyed. The same thing also happened on my S3. I really don't want to claim warranty because I will most probably end up with Knox. There's no way I am risking it being upgraded to Knox firmware.
This. I had this on my s2, I guess that the camera is damaged, the connections to the motherboard. try to open it and clean the connections of the cam to the motherboard. if this won't help, then you would need a camera replacement.
take a look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TysDdFGUiGo

I tried this with a cleaning towel and the black spots are still there. I think there is something with my camera.