Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Call quality issue - CM11

Tip us?

idr3s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Arrow Call quality issue - CM11

Im running the latest CM11 mod with KK 4.4.4, and Im facing trouble with the call quality. The voice of the other person is very low .. even on loudspeaker.
Does any one know what could be done about this? I've checked the settings and found nothing useful there.

Thanks

Tkkg1994
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr3s View Post
Im running the latest CM11 mod with KK 4.4.4, and Im facing trouble with the call quality. The voice of the other person is very low .. even on loudspeaker.
Does any one know what could be done about this? I've checked the settings and found nothing useful there.

Thanks
Could it be, that it's the fault of the other persons phone?
My Devices: Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) (LTE), Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T805) (LTE) and Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) (Int). Love to all Googy Max kernels and to Philz Touch Recovery. <3

Please hit Thanks if I helped you!!

idr3s
Old
(Last edited by idr3s; 27th August 2014 at 11:41 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994 View Post
Could it be, that it's the fault of the other persons phone?
I'm going to test it properly and get back to you on this ..
Though since I had this ROM I've have noticed some call quality probs with different people. For example the loudspeaker volume isnt loud enough at max volume.
i9500 CM11 Nightly | KGL8102 v2.02

mazbot
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
I'm going to test it properly and get back to you on this ..
Though since I had this ROM I've have noticed some call quality probs with different people. For example the loudspeaker volume isnt loud enough at max volume.
Did you check CM thread before asking? I'm not being rude, but this bug is listed in the first post and and discussed along the thread. There is also the available workaround over there.

idr3s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well I didn't check the thread.. but I definitely went through the first post to get instructions for installing the rom and I don't think I've seen anything there for this.
Though I guess I'll take a second look if you say they've already posted something there.
Thanks.

mazbot
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Well I didn't check the thread.. but I definitely went through the first post to get instructions for installing the rom and I don't think I've seen anything there for this.
Though I guess I'll take a second look if you say they've already posted something there.
Thanks.
Good idea just to help you, it's right after the instructions for installing the ROM, where it says know bugs. There is only this bug listed: random voice in call quality. You can flash the Chinese modem, it will fix, but it could cause more wakelocks. And if you had the 4.2.2 touchwiz rom before flashing CM, you will not be able to make call again if you decide to restore the 4.2.2 TW ROM without flashing a recently modem. New modems have a different imei code mode that overwrite the old one.
The Following User Says Thank You to mazbot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

idr3s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Let's see .. Dont feel so comfortable doing all this but might have to later on.
Thanks for the info [emoji1]