OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Call quality issue - CM11

OP idr3s

27th August 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Im running the latest CM11 mod with KK 4.4.4, and Im facing trouble with the call quality. The voice of the other person is very low .. even on loudspeaker.
Does any one know what could be done about this? I've checked the settings and found nothing useful there.

Thanks
27th August 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #2  
Tkkg1994's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 284
 
431 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr3s

Im running the latest CM11 mod with KK 4.4.4, and Im facing trouble with the call quality. The voice of the other person is very low .. even on loudspeaker.
Does any one know what could be done about this? I've checked the settings and found nothing useful there.

Thanks

Could it be, that it's the fault of the other persons phone?
28th August 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994

Could it be, that it's the fault of the other persons phone?

I'm going to test it properly and get back to you on this ..
Though since I had this ROM I've have noticed some call quality probs with different people. For example the loudspeaker volume isnt loud enough at max volume.
Last edited by idr3s; 28th August 2014 at 12:41 AM.
28th August 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Florianópolis
Thanks Meter: 57
 
289 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr3s

I'm going to test it properly and get back to you on this ..
Though since I had this ROM I've have noticed some call quality probs with different people. For example the loudspeaker volume isnt loud enough at max volume.

Did you check CM thread before asking? I'm not being rude, but this bug is listed in the first post and and discussed along the thread. There is also the available workaround over there.
28th August 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Well I didn't check the thread.. but I definitely went through the first post to get instructions for installing the rom and I don't think I've seen anything there for this.
Though I guess I'll take a second look if you say they've already posted something there.
Thanks.
28th August 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Florianópolis
Thanks Meter: 57
 
289 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr3s

Well I didn't check the thread.. but I definitely went through the first post to get instructions for installing the rom and I don't think I've seen anything there for this.
Though I guess I'll take a second look if you say they've already posted something there.
Thanks.

Good idea just to help you, it's right after the instructions for installing the ROM, where it says know bugs. There is only this bug listed: random voice in call quality. You can flash the Chinese modem, it will fix, but it could cause more wakelocks. And if you had the 4.2.2 touchwiz rom before flashing CM, you will not be able to make call again if you decide to restore the 4.2.2 TW ROM without flashing a recently modem. New modems have a different imei code mode that overwrite the old one.
The Following User Says Thank You to mazbot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Let's see .. Dont feel so comfortable doing all this but might have to later on.
Thanks for the info [emoji1]

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes