Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 40,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Carrier specific GS4 kitkat offical roms

Tip us?

kyleblyth
Old
(Last edited by kyleblyth; 5th July 2014 at 10:28 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Arrow [Q] Carrier specific GS4 kitkat offical roms

Hi, I had unrooted my i9505 and updated to kitkat (02 version). I am actually on the Tesco network and I thought that is what Tesco used. The rom seems fine, along with the network in general but I cannot use any mobile data networks. Does anyone know if this is because of the wrong rom or could this be a different error?

I have searched the forum and internet for a few hours but found nothing related to Tesco GS4 roms! : I used the 02 4.3 one from here and then update via keys to 4.4.2 -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477

Thanks!
Phone: Samsung GS4

Gloris
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Tesco and o2 share the same network, but they probably have different access point settings. if you go to the tescomobile website or call support they should be able to send you some settings to ensure you have the right APN?

Are you connected to TESCO (it says TESCO in the carrier label when you pull down notifications?) Just also check that in "settings/more networks/mobile networks/access point names" that it relates to tesco and not to o2?

kyleblyth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloris View Post
Tesco and o2 share the same network, but they probably have different access point settings. if you go to the tescomobile website or call support they should be able to send you some settings to ensure you have the right APN?

Are you connected to TESCO (it says TESCO in the carrier label when you pull down notifications?) Just also check that in "settings/more networks/mobile networks/access point names" that it relates to tesco and not to o2?
Started to work through these settings, forgot to try the APN. In a little bit of a pickle at the moment as I tried to flash an unbranded rom via odin and now cant boot the phone..Need to fix with kies it says but its not appearing. Think the APN was the problem when the phone (hopefully) starts working again.

Thanks!

Gloris
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Fingers Crossed. You should be able to use the unbranded ROM though. The only difference should be the preinstalled apps and maybe some backgrounds/branding on the boot logo etc?

kyleblyth
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloris View Post
Fingers Crossed. You should be able to use the unbranded ROM though. The only difference should be the preinstalled apps and maybe some backgrounds/branding on the boot logo etc?
All fixed and found the App on the Internet! Thanks again
Tags
galaxy s4 4.4.2, kitkat 4.4.2, kitkat update