Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,736 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Charging really slowly after AOSP flashing?

Tip us?

poninaine
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Charging really slowly after AOSP flashing?

First of all, my phone is a year old. Second of all, its battery life has been starting to get worse in the beginning of this year.
However, it has never been this fast draining or taking this long to charge (so far charging about 2 hours and 62%).

I flashed this Google Edition rom + the kernel and right after that started the noticeable battery drain.
Before I was on stock Touchwiz 4.4.3.

Is this normal? Or should I get a new battery? If, so could you recommend a new battery for someone who hasn't needed an extended one before?

Thanks

MAX 404
Old
Thanks Meter 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by poninaine View Post
First of all, my phone is a year old. Second of all, its battery life has been starting to get worse in the beginning of this year.
However, it has never been this fast draining or taking this long to charge (so far charging about 2 hours and 62%).

I flashed this Google Edition rom + the kernel and right after that started the noticeable battery drain.
Before I was on stock Touchwiz 4.4.3.

Is this normal? Or should I get a new battery? If, so could you recommend a new battery for someone who hasn't needed an extended one before?

Thanks
Hi mate ,

Most of times the problem may be the charger or power line ( fluctuations ) , samsung stock or stock based kernels check on those fluctuations and decrease the charging current until is stable. Some kernels ( custom) allow you to disable this, see if you have that option if not try with another charger/cable and see if it gets better.

A new battery for sure will not hurt.......
Read before doing
Search before asking
Don’t just say thanks if the information was useful, hit thanks too……

Omega one of the last good roms for the I9500 keep it alive , DONATE , your phone will thank you ....

Tags
battery drain