Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Charging really slowly after AOSP flashing?

OP poninaine

4th July 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
First of all, my phone is a year old. Second of all, its battery life has been starting to get worse in the beginning of this year.
However, it has never been this fast draining or taking this long to charge (so far charging about 2 hours and 62%).

I flashed this Google Edition rom + the kernel and right after that started the noticeable battery drain.
Before I was on stock Touchwiz 4.4.3.

Is this normal? Or should I get a new battery? If, so could you recommend a new battery for someone who hasn't needed an extended one before?

Thanks
4th July 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Panama / Spain
Thanks Meter: 881

1,492 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poninaine

First of all, my phone is a year old. Second of all, its battery life has been starting to get worse in the beginning of this year.
However, it has never been this fast draining or taking this long to charge (so far charging about 2 hours and 62%).

I flashed this Google Edition rom + the kernel and right after that started the noticeable battery drain.
Before I was on stock Touchwiz 4.4.3.

Is this normal? Or should I get a new battery? If, so could you recommend a new battery for someone who hasn't needed an extended one before?

Thanks

Hi mate ,

Most of times the problem may be the charger or power line ( fluctuations ) , samsung stock or stock based kernels check on those fluctuations and decrease the charging current until is stable. Some kernels ( custom) allow you to disable this, see if you have that option if not try with another charger/cable and see if it gets better.

A new battery for sure will not hurt.......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery drain
Previous Thread Next Thread