No registration required

[Q] Corrupted back camera image on S4 mini

OP LordGrayHam

22nd August 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey guys,
My friend showed me her S4 mini, she has a problem with the back camera where the image is completely black except for purple lines across the screen. An image with an example is attached. I've deleted the cache and data of the camera app, done a hard reset, tried a separate camera app, everything. The phone was not dropped, and has a flip case that protects it well.

She had this problem before but it fixed itself, but now she needs her camera for an event and wants to make sure it's fixed.
22nd August 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Panama / Spain
Thanks Meter: 896

1,551 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrayHam

Hey guys,
My friend showed me her S4 mini, she has a problem with the back camera where the image is completely black except for purple lines across the screen. An image with an example is attached. I've deleted the cache and data of the camera app, done a hard reset, tried a separate camera app, everything. The phone was not dropped, and has a flip case that protects it well.

She had this problem before but it fixed itself, but now she needs her camera for an event and wants to make sure it's fixed.

Hi,

Sorry to said but it looks like a defective camera......you may want to try to open the phone , there are many tear down guides , here is one:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2517225

maybe there is only a loose connector.......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread