Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cricket S4 MMS help

Tip us?

Jay Rock
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 278
Default Cricket S4 MMS help

Just about a week ago, a friend asked me to get cyanogenmod going on his Cricket Galaxy S4. I loaded the latest SNAPSHOT at the time (M7), and everything seemed to work okay as he had service, data, text, calls, whatnot. Only thing that isn't working right now is MMS. An update to a more recent nightly didn't help, an update to the latest SNAPSHOT didn't help. We've tried editing the APN, adding a fresh new APN for Cricket, but nothing seems to work. When attempting to send a picture message, the SMS application just shows "Sending" but never sends anything. Switching to Hangouts doesn't do any good either. I'm trying to fix this problem before deciding the phone goes back to stock touchwiz. Does anybody here have any idea what's going on here and how to fix it, if there is a fix at all? Again, it's a Samsung Galaxy S4 from Cricket Wireless.
LG G Pad 8.3 GPE, LG G Pad 8.3, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S3.

ZippyNinja
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hey there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Rock View Post
Just about a week ago, a friend asked me to get cyanogenmod going on his Cricket Galaxy S4. I loaded the latest SNAPSHOT at the time (M7), and everything seemed to work okay as he had service, data, text, calls, whatnot. Only thing that isn't working right now is MMS. An update to a more recent nightly didn't help, an update to the latest SNAPSHOT didn't help. We've tried editing the APN, adding a fresh new APN for Cricket, but nothing seems to work. When attempting to send a picture message, the SMS application just shows "Sending" but never sends anything. Switching to Hangouts doesn't do any good either. I'm trying to fix this problem before deciding the phone goes back to stock touchwiz. Does anybody here have any idea what's going on here and how to fix it, if there is a fix at all? Again, it's a Samsung Galaxy S4 from Cricket Wireless.
Same phone, same carrier, same issue. Unfortunately these are known issues with running CM on the S4.

I was running SM for quite a while in hopes this would get resolved but it has been quite a while and there does not seem to be any progress on it.

I reflashed mine back to stock to restore MMS functionality.

There were a couple other issues too. It has been quite a while but I know one of them was I would never get 4G service, only 3G.

lnxpro91
Old
Thanks Meter 1
What cricket s4 the original cdma or the new gsm?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jay Rock
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnxpro91 View Post
What cricket s4 the original cdma or the new gsm?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Original CDMA before the whole merger thing happened.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
LG G Pad 8.3 GPE, LG G Pad 8.3, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S3.

lnxpro91
Old
Thanks Meter 1
oh I see , I have the one from Aio