So here's what I've done:
Use TowelRoot to root my device. It is currently on 4.4.2.
I have booted into download and saw these, so I know I'm good here:
Knox Kernel Status: 0x0
Knox Warranty Status: 0x0
I would like to install a custom recovery on my device as well as custom ROM.
1. I saw CyanogenMod's guide (here
) to installing a custom recovery then custom ROM. Will this guide trip the Knox flag for the recovery OR the ROM?
2. (Knox, as I understand it, is for warranty purposes only, correct?)
3. If that guide will trip Knox than are there any you know I should follow for a custom recovery and custom ROM?
4. Also, which subsection of S4 would I be able to install ROMs from? I've seen the jfltespr lump in the jfltecri a bunch when I search. Would most sprint ROMs work for the Cricket S4?
5. And lastly, if I do not care about Knox, does it matter how I go about installing the recovery and ROM? (I know what I'm doing flashing wise, I've owned a GNex, Nexus 5, few tablets, etc) Just pushing the recovery.img via adb then flashing a ROM? Cricket does not offer warranties and if I ever flashed it to sprint I wouldn't get a warranty so does warranty really matter?
Thanks for the help and sorry for being long winded. If you do decide to GRACIOUSLY answer, could you kinda format them like mine so I can follow along? Thanks!