Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Cricket S4

OP DRatJr

5th September 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

606 posts
More
I have the Cricket Galaxy S4 SCH-R970C and was just wondering which subforum applies to me? IE to root, custom recovery, and flash ROMs from? I usually deal with Sprint/VZW phones (mainly Nexus devices) so I've never had to decypher by model numbers. Thanks for the help.
5th September 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 62

269 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRatJr

I have the Cricket Galaxy S4 SCH-R970C and was just wondering which subforum applies to me? IE to root, custom recovery, and flash ROMs from? I usually deal with Sprint/VZW phones (mainly Nexus devices) so I've never had to decypher by model numbers. Thanks for the help.

You can search for "jfltecri" because that's the "Name" for your phone. But there aren't special forums on xda
10th September 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

606 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994

You can search for "jfltecri" because that's the "Name" for your phone. But there aren't special forums on xda

So for ROMs and rooting what do I do?
10th September 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #4  

269 posts
More
Quote:

So for ROMs and rooting what do I do?

Flash this in Odin: http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_A...ltecri.tar.md5
Or what do you want to do excatly?
10th September 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

606 posts
More
@Tkkg1994 So here's what I've done:

Use TowelRoot to root my device. It is currently on 4.4.2.

I have booted into download and saw these, so I know I'm good here:
Knox Kernel Status: 0x0
Knox Warranty Status: 0x0

I would like to install a custom recovery on my device as well as custom ROM.

1. I saw CyanogenMod's guide (here) to installing a custom recovery then custom ROM. Will this guide trip the Knox flag for the recovery OR the ROM?

2. (Knox, as I understand it, is for warranty purposes only, correct?)

3. If that guide will trip Knox than are there any you know I should follow for a custom recovery and custom ROM?

4. Also, which subsection of S4 would I be able to install ROMs from? I've seen the jfltespr lump in the jfltecri a bunch when I search. Would most sprint ROMs work for the Cricket S4?

5. And lastly, if I do not care about Knox, does it matter how I go about installing the recovery and ROM? (I know what I'm doing flashing wise, I've owned a GNex, Nexus 5, few tablets, etc) Just pushing the recovery.img via adb then flashing a ROM? Cricket does not offer warranties and if I ever flashed it to sprint I wouldn't get a warranty so does warranty really matter?

Thanks for the help and sorry for being long winded. If you do decide to GRACIOUSLY answer, could you kinda format them like mine so I can follow along? Thanks!
12th September 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

606 posts
More
@Tkkg1994 got an answer for me bro? Sorry to bother. And thanks.
12th September 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #7  

269 posts
More
Quote:

@Tkkg1994 So here's what I've done:

Use TowelRoot to root my device. It is currently on 4.4.2.

I have booted into download and saw these, so I know I'm good here:
Knox Kernel Status: 0x0
Knox Warranty Status: 0x0

I would like to install a custom recovery on my device as well as custom ROM.

1. I saw CyanogenMod's guide (here) to installing a custom recovery then custom ROM. Will this guide trip the Knox flag for the recovery OR the ROM?

2. (Knox, as I understand it, is for warranty purposes only, correct?)

3. If that guide will trip Knox than are there any you know I should follow for a custom recovery and custom ROM?

4. Also, which subsection of S4 would I be able to install ROMs from? I've seen the jfltespr lump in the jfltecri a bunch when I search. Would most sprint ROMs work for the Cricket S4?

5. And lastly, if I do not care about Knox, does it matter how I go about installing the recovery and ROM? (I know what I'm doing flashing wise, I've owned a GNex, Nexus 5, few tablets, etc) Just pushing the recovery.img via adb then flashing a ROM? Cricket does not offer warranties and if I ever flashed it to sprint I wouldn't get a warranty so does warranty really matter?

Thanks for the help and sorry for being long winded. If you do decide to GRACIOUSLY answer, could you kinda format them like mine so I can follow along? Thanks!

1. Yes it will trip your knox, because you don't have the original firmware on your phone, it only can be tripped once. For both things.
2. Yes, you're right there.
3. Question is, have you got a problem when your knox will be tripped?
4. The Sprint ones should work fine. I would make a backup in the recovery and try a sprint rom.
5. If you don't care about it, it's don't really matter how you do it. I would flash Philz Touch through Odin3.09 and than install your custom rom in the recovery

Sorry that I answered that late, didn't saw your post before. Sorry again!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread