Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Device turns on for a second after inserting battery, won't turn on otherwise

OP lkiller123

18th July 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
My phone abruptly turned off while I am using it under charge.

I promptly attempted to restart it through pressing the power button, but had absolutely no response.

Then I tried replacing the battery and the phone device on normally right away, with the Galaxy S4 logo shown as usual, but turns off after a second of the logo display.

Attempted getting into both the download and the recovery mode, no response.

Anybody know what's the issue here? Phone has been rotted and flashed with SlimBean ROM, it has no issues leading up to the event today. Please help!
Last edited by lkiller123; 18th July 2014 at 04:59 AM.
18th July 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Update: I tried accessing download and recovery mode as soon as I inserted battery into the phone.

It would have the loading screen as soon as the buttons are pressed, but the device still turns off after a second as usual.

Is it hard bricked?
18th July 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #3  
debbuger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ludhiana,Punjab
Thanks Meter: 131
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkiller123

Update: I tried accessing download and recovery mode as soon as I inserted battery into the phone.

It would have the loading screen as soon as the buttons are pressed, but the device still turns off after a second as usual.

Is it hard bricked?

Your s4s power button is fine?cuz my s4 doesn't power on with only inserting battery.try to put it on charge for 15 min. And then try to go download or recovery mode.if it does boot to recovery while charging then it will boot up normal.and make sure to use original charger and cable.
18th July 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbuger

Your s4s power button is fine?cuz my s4 doesn't power on with only inserting battery.try to put it on charge for 15 min. And then try to go download or recovery mode.if it does boot to recovery while charging then it will boot up normal.and make sure to use original charger and cable.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Download or recovery mode doesn't happen when I try pressing the power buttons, however when I insert the battery while pressing the power+volume up button, the phone will go into those modes, but will turn off promptly in a few seconds.
18th July 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #5  
debbuger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ludhiana,Punjab
Thanks Meter: 131
 
302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkiller123

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Download or recovery mode doesn't happen when I try pressing the power buttons, however when I insert the battery while pressing the power+volume up button, the phone will go into those modes, but will turn off promptly in a few seconds.

Charging works?if it shows charging let it charge for some time then power on.let it charge for about an hour and try after that.may it work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes