Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,037 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dialer goes black when making calls and no sound

Tip us?

neogamma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Dialer goes black when making calls and no sound

I have an s4 from rogers (Canadian model) and initially had cyanogen mod as my rom but I realized that I was missing nearly 5 GB of storage on my phone. I read that to fix this I had to go back to stock using Odin. I went back to stock 4.2.2 using Odin, but then my WiFi stopped working. I couldn't turn WiFi on or search for networks. I then rooted my phone and installed a rom and my WiFi problem was fixed, but now I cant make calls. Every time I try to call someone my screen goes black and the recipient cannot hear me and I cannot hear them. Also, the sound on my phone does not work. I have flashed multiple roms and still get the same problem. Does anyone know any possible solution. I have looked around and many people have had the same problem, but no solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Lennyz1988
Old
Thanks Meter 204
It's because you flashed an old rom (4.2.2) on a newer bootloader. That doesn't work. Flash the latest rom available for you phone.
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v3.0

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3

neogamma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988 View Post
It's because you flashed an old rom (4.2.2) on a newer bootloader. That doesn't work. Flash the latest rom available for you phone.
I have flashed multiple roms and most of them were the latest ones (4.4.4). This still did not fix the problem. Is this what you mean?

Lennyz1988
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by neogamma View Post
I have flashed multiple roms and most of them were the latest ones (4.4.4). This still did not fix the problem. Is this what you mean?
I'm sorry, I gave some wrong advice.

It's probably because you are on the old bootloader but you are using a new modem. That's the cause for the problems on our s4. You have a different s4 and there is a different section for your device.

You have to be in this section:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att

They should be able to help you further there.
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v3.0

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3