[Q] Can't flash rom with cwm - "installation aborted"

OP snorre89

22nd December 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi guys,

When I enter cwm recovery mode and try to install zip file (tries several, none working), the message is: cannot open zip file (bad)... installation aborted.

Any help is much appreciated.
23rd December 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #2  

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorre89

Hi guys,

When I enter cwm recovery mode and try to install zip file (tries several, none working), the message is: cannot open zip file (bad)... installation aborted.

Any help is much appreciated.

which Rom you're trying to flash? make sure that the zip file is right, or is there another zip in the zip file?
25th December 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Thumbs up Solution found - automatically opened zip files in safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by h6x

which Rom you're trying to flash? make sure that the zip file is right, or is there another zip in the zip file?

I think I have found the solution. I figured there might happen something with the zip files after they are downloaded when my Mac OS X Yosemite opens them (I re-compress the folders usually and transfer the new zip file to an external SD.) So I turned off safe opening on safari preferences, re-downloaded the rom (this time: Pac Man ROM), flashed, and it worked like a charm!

So either you're running Mac or Windows, auto-expanding might cause trouble with the zip files.

I hope others will find this helpful as well.

Merry xmas!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread