fps governor i9505

OP nadejo

20th August 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102

617 posts
More
Is it possible to create a governor that uses frames per second for computing.
So for example
You set the gov to 30fps. The cpu works only to make stable 30fps.
You set gov to 60fps. The cpu keeps 60cpu stable
If there are for example areas in a games that doesnt require much power for 60fps it clocks down
And if there are games with fps cap it clocks down aswell.
This is a great idea i think. And it should be possible.
This would be a simple governor because the only governor setting for the user would be fps.
21st August 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Salamina,Greece
Thanks Meter: 687

1,481 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejo

Is it possible to create a governor that uses frames per second for computing.
So for example
You set the gov to 30fps. The cpu works only to make stable 30fps.
You set gov to 60fps. The cpu keeps 60cpu stable
If there are for example areas in a games that doesnt require much power for 60fps it clocks down
And if there are games with fps cap it clocks down aswell.
This is a great idea i think. And it should be possible.
This would be a simple governor because the only governor setting for the user would be fps.

Not bad but our phone can't handle all the games at 60fps, so it's a matter of computing power too.
A variable could be added though so that when it detects fps >30 but <60 it tries to make it work at 30fps so that the performance is consistent.
But what about videos? Many videos are at 24 and 30 fps, so something must be done about this too.
Damn, it'd be cool but I think it's too much work for a result that might not be as pleasing as it sounds. :/
If a frame limiter exists for android (don't know if it does or not, just sayin') we could most likely get less heat and battery consumption when set to 30fps for certain apps without the need for a special governor.
The Following User Says Thank You to nfsmw_gr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102

617 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsmw_gr

Not bad but our phone can't handle all the games at 60fps, so it's a matter of computing power too.
A variable could be added though so that when it detects fps >30 but <60 it tries to make it work at 30fps so that the performance is consistent.
But what about videos? Many videos are at 24 and 30 fps, so something must be done about this too.
Damn, it'd be cool but I think it's too much work for a result that might not be as pleasing as it sounds. :/
If a frame limiter exists for android (don't know if it does or not, just sayin') we could most likely get less heat and battery consumption when set to 30fps for certain apps without the need for a special governor.

Thanks for the reply. I hope someone makes that governor.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread