Galaxy S 4 will NOT do wireless N (802.11n)

OP PainTrane117

20th July 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

25 posts
Hello everybody,

I have searched all over the web and these forums trying to find an answer as to why my Galaxy S4 (SGH-M919)refuses to connect to my wifi network using wireless N (802.11n).

I thought something was wrong with my network at first, but I went into service mode on my S4 and clicked on wifi and it says this:

Link Speed: 5Mbps 802.11b

Now, when I'm in service mode looking at that, I click the option to turn off WIFI Power Save Mode. When I turn that off, it refreshes and connects to 802.11n at 54Mbps, but that only lasts for 2 seconds and then it reverts back to 802.11b at 5Mbps. GAH!!!!

My router is set to wireless N only, so I don't understand why my phone insists on using 802.11b instead of 802.11n. My router is an ASUS RT-AC68U and I am not a noob when it comes to networking and routers but I cannot figure this out no matter what I try.

My S4 works perfectly fine on 802.11ac (very fast) but that's only on the 5GHz spectrum and I want to use 2.4GHz for better range and other various reasons.

My router is awesome and very fast, and my S4 did the same thing with my old router. So it's definitely my phone. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4 (SGH-M919) T-Mobile
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread