Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 41,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted but can't flash recovery

Tip us?

nakomi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooted but can't flash recovery

Hi,

I have the samsung s4 (GT-i9505) and from what I can tell (from SuperSU) I have it rooted. However I cannot flash
clockwork recovery for some reason.

ROM manager states that the current recovery is ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7, yet when I try to reboot into recovery, I get the standard recovery screen and not the clockwork mod recovery.

I used heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --CACHE cache.img.ext4 to root the phone and unfortunately (as I am on OSX) I can't use odin. Any thoughts on how I can get clockwork recovery mod working?

Thanks in advance!

Nakomi

Tkkg1994
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakomi View Post
Hi,

I have the samsung s4 (GT-i9505) and from what I can tell (from SuperSU) I have it rooted. However I cannot flash
clockwork recovery for some reason.

ROM manager states that the current recovery is ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7, yet when I try to reboot into recovery, I get the standard recovery screen and not the clockwork mod recovery.

I used heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --CACHE cache.img.ext4 to root the phone and unfortunately (as I am on OSX) I can't use odin. Any thoughts on how I can get clockwork recovery mod working?

Thanks in advance!

Nakomi
Odin is very very very usefull. So maybe install virtualbox with windows in it? It will help you 100%
My Devices: Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) (LTE), Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T805) (LTE) and Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) (Int). Love to all Googy Max kernels and to Philz Touch Recovery. <3

Please hit Thanks if I helped you!!

nakomi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994 View Post
Odin is very very very usefull. So maybe install virtualbox with windows in it? It will help you 100%
I tried to get it working with virtualbox, but no matter what I tried (installing drivers, messing about with USB passthrough) I could never get odin to recognise my phone

Tkkg1994
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
I tried to get it working with virtualbox, but no matter what I tried (installing drivers, messing about with USB passthrough) I could never get odin to recognise my phone
But when you normal start your phone and connect it to your Mac, than virtualbox shows the Galaxy S4 and recognize it in kies?
My Devices: Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) (LTE), Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T805) (LTE) and Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) (Int). Love to all Googy Max kernels and to Philz Touch Recovery. <3

LironImaN
Old
(Last edited by LironImaN; 26th August 2014 at 10:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Use Odin from another computer, like friend's computer.

nakomi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay, so I installed windows on another laptop and got odin working. After odin completes "successfully" I still can't access clockwork mod recovery.

The phone has been rooted but I still get the stock recovery screen when I enter recovery mode.

Any thoughts?

Tkkg1994
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Okay, so I installed windows on another laptop and got odin working. After odin completes "successfully" I still can't access clockwork mod recovery.

The phone has been rooted but I still get the stock recovery screen when I enter recovery mode.

Any thoughts?
Uncheck Auto Reboot. should work fine