Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S4 won' turn on after flashing a zip

Tip us?
 
Gobbling_Monkey
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default [Q] Galaxy S4 won' turn on after flashing a zip

Hello. I have a rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 on 4.4.2 and the NC5. I tried to install a mod thing. The instructions on this website said to flash this zip. I used this flash gordon app to flash the zip. Now, my phone will not turn on, It goes past the Samsung screen, but cannot pass the Verizon screen. The animation plays but it just stays on the same screen forever. How can I fix this? Will I have to do a factory reset? Also, is there a way to backup my apps? I just realized that I accidentally deleted my backup yesterday. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
Lennyz1988
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 221
Posts: 1,688
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Netherlands
If a cache wipe doesn't work, then you need to reflash the firmware you are on. It won't wipe your system.
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v3.0

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3
 
Gobbling_Monkey
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988 View Post
If a cache wipe doesn't work, then you need to reflash the firmware you are on. It won't wipe your system.
Hello and thank you for replying. I wiped the cache both in safestrap and in the android recovery, but my phone is still not turning on. How would I reflash the firmware on my phone? Also, how would I be able to retrieve my files? Would it work if I wipe/factory reset?
 
Lennyz1988
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 221
Posts: 1,688
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbling_Monkey View Post
Hello and thank you for replying. I wiped the cache both in safestrap and in the android recovery, but my phone is still not turning on. How would I reflash the firmware on my phone? Also, how would I be able to retrieve my files? Would it work if I wipe/factory reset?
You are on the N5 firmware. Then just reflash the N5 firmware for Verizon with Odin.

Factory reset would do nothing more then losing your apps. So you don't have to do that.

Just flash the N5 firmware and you still will have everything. You have to reroot though and probably flash safestrap again but that's it.
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v3.0

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3
 
Gobbling_Monkey
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988 View Post
You are on the N5 firmware. Then just reflash the N5 firmware for Verizon with Odin.

Factory reset would do nothing more then losing your apps. So you don't have to do that.

Just flash the N5 firmware and you still will have everything. You have to reroot though and probably flash safestrap again but that's it.
Hello. I would like to thank you for your help. I did what you said and found the firmware and successfully reflashed the N5 firmware using instructions on a website. Although I already did make the mistake of factory reseting and did lose my files . What I flashed claimed to theme my Galaxy S4 like the S5. Since it didn't work, I just ended up installing the Hyperdrive ROM. Thank You and have a nice day.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes