[Q] Galaxy S4 won' turn on after flashing a zip

OP Gobbling_Monkey

28th August 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hello. I have a rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 on 4.4.2 and the NC5. I tried to install a mod thing. The instructions on this website said to flash this zip. I used this flash gordon app to flash the zip. Now, my phone will not turn on, It goes past the Samsung screen, but cannot pass the Verizon screen. The animation plays but it just stays on the same screen forever. How can I fix this? Will I have to do a factory reset? Also, is there a way to backup my apps? I just realized that I accidentally deleted my backup yesterday. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
28th August 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 263

1,811 posts
If a cache wipe doesn't work, then you need to reflash the firmware you are on. It won't wipe your system.
28th August 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988

If a cache wipe doesn't work, then you need to reflash the firmware you are on. It won't wipe your system.

Hello and thank you for replying. I wiped the cache both in safestrap and in the android recovery, but my phone is still not turning on. How would I reflash the firmware on my phone? Also, how would I be able to retrieve my files? Would it work if I wipe/factory reset?
29th August 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #4  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 263

1,811 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbling_Monkey

Hello and thank you for replying. I wiped the cache both in safestrap and in the android recovery, but my phone is still not turning on. How would I reflash the firmware on my phone? Also, how would I be able to retrieve my files? Would it work if I wipe/factory reset?

You are on the N5 firmware. Then just reflash the N5 firmware for Verizon with Odin.

Factory reset would do nothing more then losing your apps. So you don't have to do that.

Just flash the N5 firmware and you still will have everything. You have to reroot though and probably flash safestrap again but that's it.
1st September 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988

You are on the N5 firmware. Then just reflash the N5 firmware for Verizon with Odin.

Factory reset would do nothing more then losing your apps. So you don't have to do that.

Just flash the N5 firmware and you still will have everything. You have to reroot though and probably flash safestrap again but that's it.

Hello. I would like to thank you for your help. I did what you said and found the firmware and successfully reflashed the N5 firmware using instructions on a website. Although I already did make the mistake of factory reseting and did lose my files . What I flashed claimed to theme my Galaxy S4 like the S5. Since it didn't work, I just ended up installing the Hyperdrive ROM. Thank You and have a nice day.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread