Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 52,953 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ask] google edition 4.4.4

Tip us?
 
scofilde
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 45
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hims
Default [ask] google edition 4.4.4

hi
i have a s4 i9500 global edition . and i received the latest update on OTA 4.4.2 .
is there any way to install 4.4.4 android for galaxy s4 google play edition on my device.
note : my device not rooted its still on orginal condition
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-19-11-09-08.png
Views:	241
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	2903399  
Motorola Atrix 4G "GingerMod #5"
Waiting "USB Host Feature" For Atrix
 
scofilde
Old
#2  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 45
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hims
Any one replay please
Motorola Atrix 4G "GingerMod #5"
Waiting "USB Host Feature" For Atrix
 
jetboss
Old
#3  
jetboss's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 204
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Scarborough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scofilde View Post
Any one replay please
no its not possible .. google edition runs on different hardware most we can hope for is a port
 
NUGENT GAGNER
Old
#4  
NUGENT GAGNER's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 49
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by scofilde View Post
hi
i have a s4 i9500 global edition . and i received the latest update on OTA 4.4.2 .
is there any way to install 4.4.4 android for galaxy s4 google play edition on my device.
note : my device not rooted its still on orginal condition
the i9500 has a different chipset than the google play edition s4 so we don't have the same aosp sources that's why roms like cm and pa are still a little buggy cause we are using a custom device tree made by a developer. The closest you can get to a stock android feel is by flashing cm which woulkd require you to root your phone
 
stassano
Old
#5  
stassano's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 262
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in Europe and China
Quote:
Originally Posted by scofilde View Post
hi
i have a s4 i9500 global edition . and i received the latest update on OTA 4.4.2 .
is there any way to install 4.4.4 android for galaxy s4 google play edition on my device.
note : my device not rooted its still on orginal condition
youre posting in the wrong forum... unless you made it, post this in q/a forum!
In use: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 (Wanam lite), Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 (Alberto96's CM11).
Phone history:
 
Siemens C25, Ericsson T18s, Nokia 3210, Nokia 7110, Nokia 3310, Nokia 6670, Sony-Ericsson W810i, Nokia 5800, Samsung Galaxy S i9000
 
scofilde
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 45
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hims
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUGENT GAGNER View Post
the i9500 has a different chipset than the google play edition s4 so we don't have the same aosp sources that's why roms like cm and pa are still a little buggy cause we are using a custom device tree made by a developer. The closest you can get to a stock android feel is by flashing cm which woulkd require you to root your phone
mmm what is best room i can flash it its like the pure edition of kitkat , cuz the official rooms is too slow and consumes the whole capacity of ram
???
Motorola Atrix 4G "GingerMod #5"
Waiting "USB Host Feature" For Atrix
 
NUGENT GAGNER
Old
#7  
NUGENT GAGNER's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 49
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by scofilde View Post
mmm what is best room i can flash it its like the pure edition of kitkat , cuz the official rooms is too slow and consumes the whole capacity of ram
???
I would recommend cm11 since it is almost stock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more

Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more

Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more