Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] GT-i9505 cyanogenmod 11.0 DRM issue

OP drerling

28th August 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi. I'm pretty new to "posting an android issue on a forum". I have tried finding out how to do it properly, but not sure if i succeeded in doing just that...

Anyway, here is my go at it:
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
Baseband version I9505XXUFNB9
Kernel: 3.4.0-cyanogenmod-g433243c build04@cyanogenmod #1
Tue Aug 5 22:51 PDT 2014

Issue:
I have a "local" app called "TV Overalt" (in english that would be "TV everywhere") that is dependent on my STB-subscription. It lets one view TV streamed on the phone while on the same network as the TV STB. When trying to open a TV channel stream on the galaxy s4 I get an error message that sound like "com.latens.drmManager.api.exceptions.TiDrmClientI nitFailureException: Failed to initialize DRM Client". I guess this is due to the fact that the phone is rooted, but is there any way of having this work (with a custom ROM)? Netflix and other DRM related apps do work.
Is there any way to extract a .log file for this error without using a command window on the pc?

Issue#2:
Mostly all of my apps do work, with the exception of the Facebook app (stops on "setting up Facebook..."), Spotify (stops on logging in)

How (and maybe where) do I go about to make a proper error report...

Thanks,
DrE
28th August 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #2  
Flag Florianópolis
Thanks Meter: 51

256 posts
You should look for the specific thread for your ROM and device. Its probably under the 9505 Development or 9505 original development section. Check the first post on the thread if there is any recommendation for what is necessary to report a bug. Also check if there is more than one thread, one only for discussion and other only for bug report. Since you don't have any log from the error, I recommend you to post over the discussion thread. Finally, it could be apps fault. And not caused by the ROM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod11 drm failed
Previous Thread Next Thread