Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more

Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

GT-I9505 forgets the time after reboot

26th July 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #1  
soadfan's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Recently i noticed wrong time after restart and the device didn't update it unless it's connected to Wi-Fi. I did some research and found that the device connects to ntp servers via udp 123 port. And most common issues is provider limitations on this port. Asked in provider's support forum and result is that is set some limitations and probably will experience issues with it. So for know solution is to find why my gt-i9505 forgets time after every restart? I own and HTC Desire Z (Vision/G2) as work phone without data plan but it keeps time correct. Both running CM11 (4.4.2 on DZ, and 4.4.4 on S4). Tried to uncheck "Automatic date & time" but isn't helping. Any ideas?
27th July 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #2  
soadfan's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soadfan

Recently i noticed wrong time after restart and the device didn't update it unless it's connected to Wi-Fi. I did some research and found that the device connects to ntp servers via udp 123 port. And most common issues is provider limitations on this port. Asked in provider's support forum and result is that is set some limitations and probably will experience issues with it. So for know solution is to find why my gt-i9505 forgets time after every restart? I own and HTC Desire Z (Vision/G2) as work phone without data plan but it keeps time correct. Both running CM11 (4.4.2 on DZ, and 4.4.4 on S4). Tried to uncheck "Automatic date & time" but isn't helping. Any ideas?


Any1?
1st August 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #3  
soadfan's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Seriously, no one?
1st August 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Just a guess - kernel or hardware issue. Maybe it is worth to flash newer or different kernel.
Here is some thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1881827
1st August 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #5  
soadfan's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by editable

Just a guess - kernel or hardware issue. Maybe it is worth to flash newer or different kernel.
Here is some thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1881827

I'm using CM11 and they releases new update almost everyday, so different kernel will no last long (i presume flashing roms updates kernel too?)
And also the time after reboot is set on random basis from 1970 to... pick a year from this century. I guess to ask in cm's forums is the best thing to do next...
1st August 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Have you tried factory reset after problem occurred. I have searched in Google and there are lot of phones experiencing the same problem.
One says it is CWM problem (?strange), some do a factory reset, some re-flash firmware... So, start with most acceptable to you.
1st August 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #7  
soadfan's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 3
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by editable

Have you tried factory reset after problem occurred. I have searched in Google and there are lot of phones experiencing the same problem.
One says it is CWM problem (?strange), some do a factory reset, some re-flash firmware... So, start with most acceptable to you.

Yes, this was first i did. (with stock rom had no issues). Yes i'm using CWM, what is next best choise (till madmaxx82 release 4ext recovery for jflte)? On My phone CWM acting weird, for example backups are created in /data/media/clockworkmod/backup instead of /sdcard or /sdcard1

EDIT: TWRP flashing in't solve issue, even when set appropriate time zone
Last edited by soadfan; 1st August 2014 at 07:25 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes