Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,050 Members 42,950 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hard-Bicked S4? Options?

Tip us?

phoyce
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Hard-Bicked S4? Options?

Gentlemen/Ladies,

I was putting custom roms on my phone last night, trying a few different out. Obviously I misread (or didn't read) some instruction somewhere and ended up with this lovely message when turning my phone on:

"System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help."

So, what are my options? Can I use Odin or ADB or something to at least get the phone back to stock or am I completely effed and have to walk into a Verizon store? I'm open to suggestions and will probably try all of them.

Please advise,
phoyce

DSA
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,018

DONATE TO ME
Flash a stock ROM via odin

Every time you don't use search or read the OP, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.
The most important post on XDA you will read

phoyce
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Flash a stock ROM via odin
I did (tried) as you suggested. Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

I downloaded the stock Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-i545 VRUAMDK md5 from [galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-stock-firmware]. I boot the phone into download mode, open up Odin (3.09) and flashed using the file above. Odin still fails on the first block.

Is this because what I downloaded was for Android 4.2.2 and my phone was/is 4.4? Or am I downloading the wrong file or simply going about this the wrong way?

Thanks a lot for the help, as you can see I'm still learning.

- phoyce

DSA
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,018

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoyce View Post
I did (tried) as you suggested. Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

I downloaded the stock Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-i545 VRUAMDK md5 from [galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-stock-firmware]. I boot the phone into download mode, open up Odin (3.09) and flashed using the file above. Odin still fails on the first block.

Is this because what I downloaded was for Android 4.2.2 and my phone was/is 4.4? Or am I downloading the wrong file or simply going about this the wrong way?

Thanks a lot for the help, as you can see I'm still learning.

- phoyce
you need to post in your relevant forum, this is for the international s4's
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-verizon

but no, once you have got kitkat on your phone, you cant downgrade just like that

flash a kitkat stock rom via odin

Every time you don't use search or read the OP, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.
The most important post on XDA you will read