Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Hard bricking for warranty replacement (??)

OP chrumekk

27th July 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello,
Is it profitable to hard brick Knox 0x1 smartphone to get him on warranty? Or should I just give him with 0x1 status?
Here are the problems:
1) Not charging (even if replace Micro USB Flex - MB problem)
2) GSM Modem and sound problem after update to newer 4.4 KK - still can't find solution
3) Not working camera module (had two replacement pieces, one didn't change anything, second gave me my rear camera, but I still couldn't use the front one.. When I was changing to front in camera app it was crashing and freezing.

Thank you.
28th July 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 188

936 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrumekk

Hello,
Is it profitable to hard brick Knox 0x1 smartphone to get him on warranty? Or should I just give him with 0x1 status?
Here are the problems:
1) Not charging (even if replace Micro USB Flex - MB problem)
2) GSM Modem and sound problem after update to newer 4.4 KK - still can't find solution
3) Not working camera module (had two replacement pieces, one didn't change anything, second gave me my rear camera, but I still couldn't use the front one.. When I was changing to front in camera app it was crashing and freezing.

Thank you.

So, you have modified both, software (KNOX) and hardware (self-made camera replacement), and NOW you are looking for warranty?

Beside ethical issues related with such, I'd suppose that your phone would be investigated on arrival, and traces of mechanical hardware replacement operation would be easy to spot by service guys...
28th July 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash

So, you have modified both, software (KNOX) and hardware (self-made camera replacement), and NOW you are looking for warranty?

Beside ethical issues related with such, I'd suppose that your phone would be investigated on arrival, and traces of mechanical hardware replacement operation would be easy to spot by service guys...

I tried both replacements but I have changed it back to stock hardware parts. And. I also think that they'll see my interference.. :/
Last edited by chrumekk; 28th July 2014 at 06:51 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread