Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 50,600 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SOLVED! Can't flash new firmware i9505

Tip us?

slit
Old
(Last edited by slit; 2nd September 2014 at 12:39 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default SOLVED! Can't flash new firmware i9505

Hi guys,

I've wrote another thread with no response. Lemme ask like this:

i9505 with 4.3, want to flash to 4.4.2. Problem:
I can't flash any firmware, not by KIES 3 or ODIN. Both give me errors, KIES 3 saying S4 is disconnected and ODIN failing everytime, with and without pit file. Switched USB ports, KNOX is 0x0, System Status CUSTOM? Never touched it (branded).

Phone is working fine in the meantime.

Any help?

slit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Anybody? At least tell me I can reflash the phone again...

DarkerTimes
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by slit View Post
Hi guys,

I've wrote another thread with no response. Lemme ask like this:

i9505 with 4.3, want to flash to 4.4.2. Problem:
I can't flash any firmware, not by KIES 3 or ODIN. Both give me errors, KIES 3 saying S4 is disconnected and ODIN failing everytime, with and without pit file. Switched USB ports, KNOX is 0x0, System Status CUSTOM? Never touched it (branded).

Phone is working fine in the meantime.

Any help?
Which firmware was the latest on your phone and which one did you try to flash?
Your phone has got an branding, right? Do you want to debrand it or just to update it? Did you want to update with a branded firmware?
What does Odin exactly day in the log?
More information please, then we can help you better.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkerTimes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slit
Old
(Last edited by slit; 1st September 2014 at 09:18 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkerTimes View Post
More information please, then we can help you better.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
Thanks DarkerTimes,

My firmware is i9505XXUEMK9 ver 4.3 Vodafone Spain branded.
I just want to update it to official Vodafone Spain 4.4.2 KitKat , OTA doesn't work anymore because it says my device is modified (which it isn't, at least by me?)
I can't use ODIN anymore because the phone doesn't enter download mode when I press down+menu then power, it used to a few days back tho. This is weird. So I can't tell you what ODIN says, although I remember saying something about bad partition thus I've tried flashing it when download mode worked with and without pit file without results. ODIN always told me FAIL!

Also, SDcard or system file is getting weird these days, it rescans whole library of music and Winamp crashes everytime. Reinstalled it and now it seems to work... storage chips going south?

MAX 404
Old
Thanks Meter 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by slit View Post
Thanks DarkerTimes,

My firmware is i9505XXUEMK9 ver 4.3 Vodafone Spain branded.
I just want to update it to official Vodafone Spain 4.4.2 KitKat , OTA doesn't work anymore because it says my device is modified (which it isn't, at least by me?)
I can't use ODIN anymore because the phone doesn't enter download mode when I press down+menu then power, it used to a few days back tho. This is weird. So I can't tell you what ODIN says, although I remember saying something about bad partition thus I've tried flashing it when download mode worked with and without pit file without results. ODIN always told me FAIL!

Also, SDcard or system file is getting weird these days, it rescans whole library of music and Winamp crashes everytime. Reinstalled it and now it seems to work... storage chips going south?
Hi ,

step by step

Download mode , you said I press down+menu then powe I do it the 3 of them at the same time

Before using Odin kill all kies processes ( task manager), make sure no one is running in the background....

Odin troubleshooting: If Odin accidentally gives you "fail" try the following:
- Repeat procedure.
- Make sure that all actions of Kies are disabled from task manager.
- Change usb port.
- Try another usb cable (make sure it is the original).
- Try another Odin version.
- Uninstall and re-install driver.
- Use pit file.
- Try another computer.

from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477

try with a different tar file , try for example the PHE unbranded version of firmware for Spain

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=PHE#firmware

Regarding your sdcard ...maybe so much flashing left orphan files all over a good flashing should clear that problem
Read before doing
Search before asking
Don’t just say thanks if the information was useful, hit thanks too……

Omega one of the last good roms for the I9500 keep it alive , DONATE , your phone will thank you ....

The Following User Says Thank You to MAX 404 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Hi MAX 404

thanks for your reply

I don't have KIES installed now, I've removed it after a couple fails last week... I've tried everything the guide says beforehand, I've flashed a previously owned S2 a lot of times before. Cable is samsung original, tried different USB ports and my laptop with no success.

Also, how can do a good flashing to clear that SD behaviour? Lost here.

slit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
SOLVED! It seems I have a ton of USB ports wrecked EXCEPT one. This worked so far so good.