Ask a question

No registration required

Need help installing CWM

OP retsnom

4th September 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
Hey all. My GS4 recently broke so I went through insurance to get another one. Luckily they sent a good quality one, looks brand new!

Anyways, last time when I rooted--well over a year ago--I used a root tool which used ADB to root and install CWM on one go. This time I used towelrain to root the phone successfully then installed supersu, a fairly painless process. However, I've been trying to find some guides on installing CWM but I'm having trouble finding a simple guide. I said screw it and installed ROM Manager and flashed CWM, which installed without any errors, but booting into it shows a red warning sign with "No Command". There is no option to install .zip from SD card and all that good stuff. If anyone can guide me through this I'd truly appreciate it.
4th September 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by retsnom

Hey all. My GS4 recently broke so I went through insurance to get another one. Luckily they sent a good quality one, looks brand new!

Anyways, last time when I rooted--well over a year ago--I used a root tool which used ADB to root and install CWM on one go. This time I used towelrain to root the phone successfully then installed supersu, a fairly painless process. However, I've been trying to find some guides on installing CWM but I'm having trouble finding a simple guide. I said screw it and installed ROM Manager and flashed CWM, which installed without any errors, but booting into it shows a red warning sign with "No Command". There is no option to install .zip from SD card and all that good stuff. If anyone can guide me through this I'd truly appreciate it.

Get the CWM zip for your phone then use an app called Flashify. Works for me every time.
4th September 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdbasket

Get the CWM zip for your phone then use an app called Flashify. Works for me every time.

Just tried it and now I'm getting the "System software not authorized by Verizon Galaxy S4" message upon reboot. I think I had this problem, too, and I also remember fixing it was a pain in the a.

[edit]
Okay, I got past the screen. Still no recovery, however.
Last edited by retsnom; 4th September 2014 at 08:30 AM.
4th September 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #4  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 313

1,971 posts
You need to tell that you have a verizon S4. That is a completely different phone. You have a locked bootloader so you can't flash cwm.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-verizon

I think you need to search for safestrap.
4th September 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988

You need to tell that you have a verizon S4. That is a completely different phone. You have a locked bootloader so you can't flash cwm.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-verizon

I think you need to search for safestrap.

I see. I guess I forgot some steps from when I last rooted the phone. When I restart, it shows the Samsung logo in a different font with an unlocked icon so I assumed my bootloader was unlocked. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread