Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HELP] Network problem with my I9505

OP mbmb8989

2nd July 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

83 posts
Hi guys !
I've just bought a samsung galaxy s4 (i9505) (a used one not new) and i flashed Imperium v7 and modem GNF1 and bootloader GNF1 (initially the phone was on stock 4.2.2 and the problem was already there).
My problem is that i don't get the network i rarely see two or three bars but it directly goes to zero (i can see the no network sign) and stays like that until a reboot (as said it drops to no network very fast).
So my question, is it software ? (should i flash the latest samsung stock firmware ?) or is it hardware ? (replace the internal network ship ?)
Or is it a common problem on S4 i9505 and no solution cannot be found ?
Could it be related to CSC ?

Anyway, i hope anybody can help me because i really like this phone and the rom that i just installed ..
Feel free to ask me about additional informations.

EDIT : I already tried :
1) the modem+bl FNDA => same result
2) force the phone to gsm only => same result (maybe better but even it solves the problem there is no point to not having 3g activated all the time)
Last edited by mbmb8989; 2nd July 2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Precisions
2nd July 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmb8989

Hi guys !
I've just bought a samsung galaxy s4 (i9505) (a used one not new) and i flashed Imperium v7 and modem GNF1 and bootloader GNF1 (initially the phone was on stock 4.2.2 and the problem was already there).
My problem is that i don't get the network i rarely see two or three bars but it directly goes to zero (i can see the no network sign) and stays like that until a reboot (as said it drops to no network very fast).
So my question, is it software ? (should i flash the latest samsung stock firmware ?) or is it hardware ? (replace the internal network ship ?)
Or is it a common problem on S4 i9505 and no solution cannot be found ?
Could it be related to CSC ?

Anyway, i hope anybody can help me because i really like this phone and the rom that i just installed ..
Feel free to ask me about additional informations.

EDIT : I already tried :
1) the modem+bl FNDA => same result
2) force the phone to gsm only => same result (maybe better but even it solves the problem there is no point to not having 3g activated all the time)

It's going to be pretty difficult to narrow this down with what you've posted. You say the problem was "already there" when you got the phone -- how long did you use it on the stock 4.2.2 rom before flashing a new one? Did you see exactly the same behavior before you started mucking with it?
2nd July 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

83 posts
Hi ! Finally an answer So i used it for about 3 days and i really can tell that it is the same behaviour
My fear is that it may be related to hardware .. I am gonna try to flash the latest samsung stock firmware (with its csc and modem) ?
Anyway any idea ??
2nd July 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #4  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmb8989

Hi ! Finally an answer So i used it for about 3 days and i really can tell that it is the same behaviour
My fear is that it may be related to hardware .. I am gonna try to flash the latest samsung stock firmware (with its csc and modem) ?
Anyway any idea ??

In general I'd say it's worth getting the phone to "current" stock, or as close to it as possible, and seeing what kind of situation you're in (i.e. if the behavior disappears or changes in any way). If you're seeing it on every configuration, it seems reasonable to suspect that it could be a hardware issue -- especially given that you got the phone used.

Perhaps someone else knows of a more definitive test you can try.
3rd July 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

83 posts
Hey ! Thanks for the idea ! already flashed the latest samsung firmware and same problem .. i stayed in touch with the guy that sold it to me so he took it back to samsung sav where his friend (who work there) told him that this is a famous bug in the i9505 4g serie and that the only solution is a
nvm restore (something like that). Of course he'll do it for free cause we agreed that if a problem come out he'll have to solve it on his own.
Anyway, i hope to get it back tomorrow or monday ! I'll let you know what happened as soon as i get it back !
13th July 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #6  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unhappy solution?
Were you able to solve the problem? in case u were, how? i have the same issue sometimes i have 3g network, then it goes to gprs then edge, sometimes when im connected to wifi i cant receive calls, but i can do calls, any idea?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
network i9505 problem s4
Previous Thread Next Thread