Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] I9500 Battery temperature related to sim card help

OP DC_Dac

3rd September 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello, so I have a strange problem, both official and custom roms work fine without a sim card installed but when the sim card is in the battery temperature reads at a constant unfluctuating 70 degrees (which it really isn't because it's not even warm) according to temperature monitoring app, this causes various problems. Without the sim card installed the readings are around 40 degrees which seems accurate.

I've tried using another sim card and it has the same issue.

On official 4.4.2 the battery temp reading means that I can't charge the phone while it's on, it gets the "charging paused, battery temperature too high" popup as soon as i plug in a the usb cable via charger or pc, but it charges when the phone is off. All other usb functions work normally, file transfer, adb. I would assume this is because the software thinks the battery temperature is 70 degrees.

On other roms as soon as it connects to my phone network while booting it then shuts down presumably because of the same temperature issue.

I haven't seen anyone with this particular problem, i've seen a lot of charging paused because temperature is too high or too low issues but none of them mentioned the sim card thing and they either fixed it by changing the usb board or they changed it and the issue still persisted and remains unsolved.

It's quite frustrating and the only solution i could think of is to somehow manually set the temperature reading so it wouldn't think it's overheating, is that even doable? Has anyone ever encountered this or has any advice?
Last edited by DC_Dac; 3rd September 2014 at 11:19 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread