Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 51,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

i9500 can't install recovery (Fixed)

Tip us?
 
LittleHedgehog
Old
(Last edited by LittleHedgehog; 19th August 2014 at 04:28 PM.) Reason: FIXED!
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jan 2014
Unhappy i9500 can't install recovery (Fixed)

Hi everyone. I was using my phone with stock rom for a while ans I wanted to pass to Miui cuz I heard 4.4.2 will be released soon.

I downloaded TWRP and tried to flash as I did everytime before with Odin. I flashed it and it rebooted, odin showed Pass with no errors, but when I tried to launch the recovery, it is still stock. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I flashed it like this before and they always worked but this is not working. Is there another way to install this? I don't have root access but it wasn't an issue before. I have the usb drivers installed and debugging on. It was tricky to install drivers on Win 8.1 but it seems like installed correctly as it didn't showed an error.

Waiting for an answer please. I hate this exynos phone but my parents just not allowing me to sell this.
 
Tkkg1994
Old
(Last edited by Tkkg1994; 18th August 2014 at 10:06 PM.) Reason: false link xD
#2  
Tkkg1994's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 250
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHedgehog View Post
Hi everyone. I was using my phone with stock rom for a while ans I wanted to pass to Miui cuz I heard 4.4.2 will be released soon.

I downloaded TWRP and tried to flash as I did everytime before with Odin. I flashed it and it rebooted, odin showed Pass with no errors, but when I tried to launch the recovery, it is still stock. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I flashed it like this before and they always worked but this is not working. Is there another way to install this? I don't have root access but it wasn't an issue before. I have the usb drivers installed and debugging on. It was tricky to install drivers on Win 8.1 but it seems like installed correctly as it didn't showed an error.

Waiting for an answer please. I hate this exynos phone but my parents just not allowing me to sell this.
Maybe try it with CWM? Here is the link for the latest version:
https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_...i9500.tar.md5/
 
LittleHedgehog
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994 View Post
Maybe try it with CWM? Here is the link for the latest version:
https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_...i9500.tar.md5/
Thanks, I'm trying it now.
 
Tkkg1994
Old
#4  
Tkkg1994's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 250
Join Date: Jun 2014
Please give me a feedback if it works or not. And if I help you please hit thanks man
The Following User Says Thank You to Tkkg1994 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
LittleHedgehog
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994 View Post
Please give me a feedback if it works or not. And if I help you please hit thanks man
Nope. It still opens up the stock recovery. Anymore solutions?
 
Tkkg1994
Old
#6  
Tkkg1994's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 250
Join Date: Jun 2014
You tried to install one in the stock recovery? A zip file of the Recovery?
 
LittleHedgehog
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994 View Post
You tried to install one in the stock recovery? A zip file of the Recovery?
I tried installing Miui in the stock rom but it didn't work. Perhaps the last updates did something? Cuz I was able to do this with ease. Maybe downgrading to the first stock 4.4.2 will work but it takes a lot of time and I'm sick of this. Thanks anyway, I'll boost your thanks meter by one more for trying to help
 
Lennyz1988
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 224
Posts: 1,705
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHedgehog View Post
I tried installing Miui in the stock rom but it didn't work. Perhaps the last updates did something? Cuz I was able to do this with ease. Maybe downgrading to the first stock 4.4.2 will work but it takes a lot of time and I'm sick of this. Thanks anyway, I'll boost your thanks meter by one more for trying to help
The rom you are currently on has nothing to do with your inability to flash the recovery. It's a completely different thing.

Uncheck auto-reboot before you flash the recovery. That should probably fix it.
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v3.0

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyz1988 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Tkkg1994
Old
#9  
Tkkg1994's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 250
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHedgehog View Post
I tried installing Miui in the stock rom but it didn't work. Perhaps the last updates did something? Cuz I was able to do this with ease. Maybe downgrading to the first stock 4.4.2 will work but it takes a lot of time and I'm sick of this. Thanks anyway, I'll boost your thanks meter by one more for trying to help
Thanks man
You can maybe look for the latest official firmware from samsung and flash it. And after that try again the recovery. Here the Link: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/
 
LittleHedgehog
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 26
Join Date: Jan 2014
Thumbs up FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988 View Post
The rom you are currently on has nothing to do with your inability to flash the recovery. It's a completely different thing.

Uncheck auto-reboot before you flash the recovery. That should probably fix it.
OMG man you're awesome!!! It worked! Thanks so much.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more