Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] USB WIFI TP-WN722n $15

OP DipSprayArc

17th June 2013, 10:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag wellington
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi have been trying to get a TP-WN722N to run on my i9505 rooted and cwm recovery

TP-WN722N chipset = atheros ar9271
needs ath9k_htc driver
and htc_9271.fw

has anyone got a module i can insmod?
Am new to android as of 2 days ago so am still learning how to do everything. Bricked about 3 times.

Am trying to connect this usb wifi adapter to get monitor mode and injection. for aircrack/reaver
(maxters - aircrack-suite-for-galaxy-note-2)

or a link to a newbie tutorial to build kernel source supporting ath9k drivers?

Anyway will donate $15 to anyone that can get me running (is this allowed?)

cheers
Last edited by DipSprayArc; 19th June 2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: changed setup
18th June 2013, 12:19 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag wellington

7 posts
Will still donate if somebody can help
21st June 2013, 01:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag wellington

7 posts
compile kernel
Am about to compile kernel from source and build modules.
Will post after if it is successful and anyone is interested?
Will try do ath9k and rtl8187 drivers.
6th July 2013, 03:47 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag wellington

7 posts
success
Success. Had problems with compiling on ubuntu 13.04. Then couldn't insmod the compiled modules due to dependencies for the mac80211 module so I ended up just compiling wanams adam kernel with the required modules built in and bang no more problems. Copied firmware to folder.

Tp link tl-wn722n wifi adapter running in monitor mode. Aircrack and reaver working with no problems. No -1 channel issue. hasn't cause any other problems with the phones built in wifi or anythng else.

Hope someone may find this useful. Will upload when i can post links if anyone wants it. But would be better to compile yourself

P.s. i am using this for easy pentesting on networks which i have permission. Not intended for illegal purposes.
6th August 2013, 06:53 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

49 posts
This is awesome! Great work, i would love you to update the files as i am pretty new to linux...
4th November 2013, 06:21 PM   |  #6  
Flag Calhoun
Thanks Meter: 2

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipSprayArc

Success. Had problems with compiling on ubuntu 13.04. Then couldn't insmod the compiled modules due to dependencies for the mac80211 module so I ended up just compiling wanams adam kernel with the required modules built in and bang no more problems. Copied firmware to folder.

Tp link tl-wn722n wifi adapter running in monitor mode. Aircrack and reaver working with no problems. No -1 channel issue. hasn't cause any other problems with the phones built in wifi or anythng else.

Hope someone may find this useful. Will upload when i can post links if anyone wants it. But would be better to compile yourself

P.s. i am using this for easy pentesting on networks which i have permission. Not intended for illegal purposes.

So you placed all of the modules and everything into a kernel and flashed it? May you please post a link in a drop box or something, to the working kernel with the modules in it?
19th August 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #7  
Flag Darwin

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sorry for the huge bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipSprayArc

Hi there. Decided to stop lurking and finally made an account. Also, I realize this is an incredible bump, but it's the only thread I could find on the subject.

I managed to compile the latest release of the CM11 kernel (same as my S4 is running) with ath9k and mac80211 support baked in (not modular), but my AR9271 is still b0rked. It shows up in lsusb, so it's working, but not functioning. I've tried like, everything....... except giving it extra power. Did you need to do that? AFAIK it only draws about 200-300 mA at most, and the S4 is more than capable of that ._.

Does anyone know if there's something special needed to get the adapter working apart from plugging it in? I'm losing sleep D:
Last edited by ThePromisedLAN; 20th August 2014 at 11:33 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread