[Q] I9505 problem BIOS nothings working

29th August 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Who can help me. I am an total noob with this but installing a kernel or firmware (odin) works,

My I9505 was acting weird. The sound was gone and it was very slow. Some one looked at it and said that the 'bios' was gone. Well. the hardware was all good.

Now i want to reinstallal the whole thing. Soooo everything so it works again . Tryed diverend kinds of firmware and kernels but that doesnt work. Cam stil dont work. Awefull slow and no sound.

So is it scrapmetal or can some one help?
29th August 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
It is like this User_111 say's. Plz help us :S

Quote:

Hi guys,

during last weeks, I couldn't get a second incoming call while I was talking. The phone didn't give any sign, that I had another call, the caller heard my line was busy. I had some overheating problems, but it's usual with S4. I've always battled with battery, but yesterday battery dropped by 70% after a two hour call. The CPU was working all the time, it also got overheated. I decided to flash the latest UGNG8 modem with Odin (it always drained too much during calls). After this the phone became ****ED UP BIG TIME!

- The phone's audio system has completely malfunctioned. I don't even have sound on boot. Somehow the camera also became defective.
In "quick test mode" melody, speaker, and camera won't work (warning camera failed).
- The Phone application is also totally ****ed up. When I start it, it is very laggy. I can't initiate calls with it (it starts the process, but freezes). When I have an incoming call, itt vibrates, but it has a black screen, I can't answer it.
- Yesterday I couldn't even use internet, today it works perfectly.
- When I unlock the phone it sometimes seems as it would freeze, but after half a minute it unlocks (with lags), sometimes it unlocks fluently.
- It won't connect to wifi network.
- Screen rotation doesn't work in Gallery, but it works in Gmail app (though it vas very laggy and it also froze for a while).
So other than these problems, it works like a charm . I can play chess, use Google maps, and any other apps. App drawer is fluent.

I wiped, reseted everything I could. I reflashed the older UGNG2 modem. Reinstalled Phoenix ROM two times, after that, I restored the original 4.2.2 software from my CWM backup. But all problems are still here.
It seems like a hardware problem to me. So the only thing I can do, is to take it to a service center? I don't have warranty, if they have to exchange the motherboard it will cost like a new phone (((. My problem looks similar to DarkEagle99's.

And what could have gone wrong? I don't think that flashing modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin could ruin the hardware like this. So, what do you think?
Any opinions, suggestions? If there is no solution, I will have to take it to repair on Monday ((.

29th August 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 21

219 posts
Donate to Me
More
Camera failed sounds like a hardware issue....take it to a repair center...I hope your warranty is still good
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread