Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Black spots on camera

OP FPSUsername

24th August 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 296

1,672 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ive made some pics and videos and my camera has black spots. I cleaned the window and it still has the spots (look thr attachment)

When i take a picture zoomed the black spots move to its side (like you zoom into a pic and the edges dissapear off the screen because the pic is getting bigger than your screen)

Could this be a dirty camera or do I need a camera replacement for this?
If it is dirty, is there a way how I can open the window from the camera to clean it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408917071220.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (49.3 KB, 40 views)
27th August 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

1,672 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bump
27th August 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #3  
Flag IHB
Thanks Meter: 2,843

2,408 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekBlood

Ive made some pics and videos and my camera has black spots. I cleaned the window and it still has the spots (look thr attachment)

When i take a picture zoomed the black spots move to its side (like you zoom into a pic and the edges dissapear off the screen because the pic is getting bigger than your screen)

Could this be a dirty camera or do I need a camera replacement for this?
If it is dirty, is there a way how I can open the window from the camera to clean it?

Question, if you were to smack your phone against your hand hard multiple times do the black spots move from where they were? My first thought would be dirt in the lens. How it got there no idea...or how to get it out...
28th August 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #4  
Flag Florianópolis
Thanks Meter: 57

287 posts
If the spot doesn't get bigger when you zoom in over it, I think its not due lens but related to the sensor.
28th August 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,672 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide

Question, if you were to smack your phone against your hand hard multiple times do the black spots move from where they were? My first thought would be dirt in the lens. How it got there no idea...or how to get it out...

I don't want to break my phone, I smacked it hard against my hand but they don't move.
I can not take apart my phone, 1 screw is extremely tight and I don't want to ruin the screw by trying over and over.

Any idea?

Ps when zooming the spots get bigger, but move out of the screen
Last edited by FPSUsername; 28th August 2014 at 12:44 PM.
28th August 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #6  
Flag Florianópolis
Thanks Meter: 57

287 posts
So it's dust.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Changing the camera module looks the best option if you still have warranty.
28th August 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #7  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 19

150 posts
More
I have a similar problem. I have a couple of dark spots. I have tried taking the cover off the lens and blowing really hard but can't get them to go no matter what. I am really annoyed. The same thing also happened on my S3. I really don't want to claim warranty because I will most probably end up with Knox. There's no way I am risking it being upgraded to Knox firmware.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-08-14 18.28.16.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (247.8 KB, 21 views)
Last edited by vpwrf; 28th August 2014 at 09:33 PM.
29th August 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

1,672 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpwrf

I have a similar problem. I have a couple of dark spots. I have tried taking the cover off the lens and blowing really hard but can't get them to go no matter what. I am really annoyed. The same thing also happened on my S3. I really don't want to claim warranty because I will most probably end up with Knox. There's no way I am risking it being upgraded to Knox firmware.

This. I had this on my s2, I guess that the camera is damaged, the connections to the motherboard. try to open it and clean the connections of the cam to the motherboard. if this won't help, then you would need a camera replacement.
take a look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TysDdFGUiGo

I tried this with a cleaning towel and the black spots are still there. I think there is something with my camera.
Last edited by FPSUsername; 29th August 2014 at 01:36 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread