My Galaxy S4 Google Edition has randomly stopped connecting audio for calls in either direction. I have already tried all solutions I could find on the internet and this forum, including:
- Reboot the phone
- Check audio settings
- Factory reset
- Install multiple different stock firmwares
- Install multiple modem versions for my phone
- Test calling with other apps
- Change type of network (GSM/CDMA/Global/etc)
- Opening and drying the phone
- New SIM card
- New carrier
I have determined that:
- The calls work after leaving the battery out or switching batteries for about 2 calls before it quits again.
- All speakers are working, but no audio ONLY during cellular calls.
- Texting/Data works and calls on this SIM card work in other phones.
- Calling DOES always work ONLY when using a bluetooth headset
- It appears to NOT be a software issue, but I am not ruling that out.
- Just replacing the phone would not be optimal, if possible -- I have no warranty or contract.
So, are there any last effort things I can try before I have to sell this phone as a broken device?