Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i9506 4.4.2 Problem

Tip us?
 
Siura
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] i9506 4.4.2 Problem

So I flashed 4.4.2 that had been released yesterday with Odin and I got "FAIL! (Size)" when it tries to flash hidden.img. I first thought my phone got bricked as it was only able to get on the download mode and couldn't get to recovery mode and when I tried to flash it again it did the same error. After reading about this problem fro the internet someone said to ignore that error message and go back to download mode after flashing the rom and flash a custom recovery. I did so, went to the recovery mode, wiped data and cache and I was able to boot normally. When my phone booted up I started to have an error message that bothers me the most; "Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard has stopped working". This happens every five seconds or so. Is there any fix for this, as I'd like having Samsung's keyboard working on my phone?
 
Lennyz1988
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 224
Posts: 1,710
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Netherlands
You can't just ignore Odin warnings.

Almost all Odin error can be resolved by the following.

- Different usb cable
- Different usb port
- Different pc
- Reinstalling drivers.
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v3.0

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3
 
spamtrash
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 920
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siura View Post
So I flashed 4.4.2 that had been released yesterday with Odin and I got "FAIL! (Size)"
Most likely you are flashing different size partitions. Is it stock?
If so, please download pit file for your model, flash with pit file and repartition marked, do not reboot phone, go to recovery, wipe phone and reflash again, this time without pit file and without repartition marked. Shall do the job.

Final tip: NEVER ignore Odin errors messages.
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505
 
Siura
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash View Post
Most likely you are flashing different size partitions. Is it stock?
If so, please download pit file for your model, flash with pit file and repartition marked, do not reboot phone, go to recovery, wipe phone and reflash again, this time without pit file and without repartition marked. Shall do the job.

Final tip: NEVER ignore Odin errors messages.
Does it have to be 4.4.2 pit file as all I found was a pit file for 4.3? Does it harm my device in any way if I try to flash with that?
 
spamtrash
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 920
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siura View Post
Does it have to be 4.4.2 pit file as all I found was a pit file for 4.3? Does it harm my device in any way if I try to flash with that?
should not, I used 4.3 pit to flash 4.4.2.
HTC HD2 (still alive and kicking), I9000, I9300, I9505
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes