Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,337 Members 38,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Installing CWM

Tip us?

M4ttz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Default Installing CWM

Hi all, I am having great difficulties installing CWM recovery on my i9507 after I rooted my device with CF AUTO ROOT.

First I used this guide but got stuck with the .dll error when trying to run Heimdall. Even after I installed Visual Studio many times!

Next I tried flashing with Odin but only got a seandroid not enforcing error every time I did. I can still run my phone fine and my Knox warranty has still not been tripped.

I hope someone can help!
Matt

Lennyz1988
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Just flash it with Odin and uncheck auto-reboot before flashing.
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v3.0

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3

Tkkg1994
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4ttz View Post
Hi all, I am having great difficulties installing CWM recovery on my i9507 after I rooted my device with CF AUTO ROOT.

First I used this guide but got stuck with the .dll error when trying to run Heimdall. Even after I installed Visual Studio many times!

Next I tried flashing with Odin but only got a seandroid not enforcing error every time I did. I can still run my phone fine and my Knox warranty has still not been tripped.

I hope someone can help!
Matt
Maybe try it with one from here https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_...ition/jfltezm/
Download md5.tar file and uncheck auto reboot on odin
My Devices: Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) (LTE), Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T805) (LTE) and Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) (Int). Love to all Googy Max kernels and to Philz Touch Recovery. <3

Please hit Thanks if I helped you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tkkg1994 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

M4ttz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Ok. Thank you! I will report back here and see what happens. I don't think that I had auto reboot checked though.

M4ttz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
I am using Odin 1.85. I still get the seandroid not enforcing error, however I did manage to boot into CWM once after it said the error.
HELP!?

Lennyz1988
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
I am using Odin 1.85. I still get the seandroid not enforcing error, however I did manage to boot into CWM once after it said the error.
HELP!?
That's normal. Everyone has that when something is flashed to the phone.
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v3.0

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyz1988 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

M4ttz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988 View Post
That's normal. Everyone has that when something is flashed to the phone.
How come it doesn't work then? It just turns off afterwards.

M4ttz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
I just realized that I was holding down the power button as well as the home and volume down for too long. The power button kept turning it off! I feel so stupid!!!!

Does each flash overwrite the last one or will I have like 10 unused recovery files?

dwarfer66
Old
Thanks Meter 507
Quote:

I hope someone can help!
Matt
seandroid not enforcing error means you have a custom recovery with a stock rom. Not compatable.