Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,896 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lost Apps and especially Play Store after OTA Update

Tip us?

DrZoS
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Lost Apps and especially Play Store after OTA Update

Hey XDA Community,

I updated yesterday my Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4) with the OTA Update to KitKat 4.4.2 (Before it was 4.3), since i updated it i lost some Apps and especially the Play Store App, i tried to reinstall the Play Store APK (from chip.de) with no success, when i reinstalled it, my Play Store "just getting stopped" (Force Close), so how to gain my Apps and especially the Play Store back?
[CENTER]
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4, KitKat 4.4.2

editable
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZoS View Post
Hey XDA Community,

I updated yesterday my Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4) with the OTA Update to KitKat 4.4.2 (Before it was 4.3), since i updated it i lost some Apps and especially the Play Store App, i tried to reinstall the Play Store APK (from chip.de) with no success, when i reinstalled it, my Play Store "just getting stopped" (Force Close), so how to gain my Apps and especially the Play Store back?
Search in app list in the Disabled tab. Maybe it has been disabled for some reason.
if does not find, try with Kies to recover or something like that. There was such option.

DrZoS
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by editable View Post
Search in app list in the Disabled tab. Maybe it has been disabled for some reason.
if does not find, try with Kies to recover or something like that. There was such option.
Nope it's not in Disabled Tab, with Kies i will try on Monday, i have no Internet at home at the moment, some Problems with my Provider.
Maybe there are some more solutions. Should i maybe try an Factory Reset?
[CENTER]

Lennyz1988
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZoS View Post
Nope it's not in Disabled Tab, with Kies i will try on Monday, i have no Internet at home at the moment, some Problems with my Provider.
Maybe there are some more solutions. Should i maybe try an Factory Reset?
Factory reset is always the first thing to do when you got serious problems. So yes, backup and factory reset.
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v3.0

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3

DrZoS
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988 View Post
Factory reset is always the first thing to do when you got serious problems. So yes, backup and factory reset.
Okay i'll try it when i'm back at home, got to much Picturs of Lost Places on my Phone which i didn't saved on my HardDrive so far.
[CENTER]