[Q] no OS detected, AT&T galaxy S4. Please help.

31st August 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

172 posts
More
So i have a rooted AT&T samsung galaxy S4, and tried flashing pacrom 4.4 and afterwards, ot says no OS detected when i try to reboot. I had a Nandroid backup, but when i tried restoring it, i got the error message, " cant mount system", and now i can get it to boot up. Ive done this with a nexus 4, and the nexus root toolkit fixed it, but how do i fix this with the galaxy s4????!
31st August 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 245

1,755 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinndissension

So i have a rooted AT&T samsung galaxy S4, and tried flashing pacrom 4.4 and afterwards, ot says no OS detected when i try to reboot. I had a Nandroid backup, but when i tried restoring it, i got the error message, " cant mount system", and now i can get it to boot up. Ive done this with a nexus 4, and the nexus root toolkit fixed it, but how do i fix this with the galaxy s4????!

If you have a locked bootloader then you can't flash it. From the Q&A from the thread.

Q. Can we flash this on Locked Bootloader?
A. No, This requires custom kernel and can never be flashed on locked bootloaders.
1st September 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

172 posts
More
It used to show a lock that was unlocked when it booted up. I know on the nexus 4, that indicated the bootloader was unlocked.
Anyway, could you point me in the right direction on how to get the OS back on there so ot boots up again??
1st September 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 245

1,755 posts
I think you just need to flash a stock firmware with Odin.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread