FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Phone will only boot into Android system recovery. Can't get it to boot normally.

OP drewsephvladmir

6th August 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
First, some info about the phone. It's a SCH-I545, I rooted it the day I got it (I forget which method), still running stock, and it's been running great for months.

But a week or so ago, I grabbed my phone to use it, and noticed it was on the Android system recovery screen. So I pulled the battery a couple of times to restart, and every time it's same thing.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this, or what I can do?

Thanks
6th August 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag Panama / Spain
Thanks Meter: 906

1,569 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsephvladmir

First, some info about the phone. It's a SCH-I545, I rooted it the day I got it (I forget which method), still running stock, and it's been running great for months.

But a week or so ago, I grabbed my phone to use it, and noticed it was on the Android system recovery screen. So I pulled the battery a couple of times to restart, and every time it's same thing.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this, or what I can do?

Thanks

Mate ,

If every time reboot into recovery it may be soft bricked , did you try factory reset it? if that does not work you may have to reflash your rom again , if you are stock you have to use Odin
6th August 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #3  
Can you enter download mode? If so flash custom recovery with odin (philz is best) download custom rom and put on external storage then Flash custom rom with new recovery

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
6th August 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX 404

Mate ,

If every time reboot into recovery it may be soft bricked , did you try factory reset it? if that does not work you may have to reflash your rom again , if you are stock you have to use Odin

Yep, every time. And I've cleared factory and cache, no dice
6th August 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyedmonster

Can you enter download mode? If so flash custom recovery with odin (philz is best) download custom rom and put on external storage then Flash custom rom with new recovery

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice! Sadly, the usb port on my phone stopped working awhile back (I have to use an external battery charger), so I'm probably out of luck if flashing is the only way to go. I know there probably isn't one, but do you know of any way to flash something from sd?
6th August 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #6  
Flag Panama / Spain

1,569 posts
More
Quote:

Yep, every time. And I've cleared factory and cache, no dice

does not look good , you may have to flash firmware again....

BTW all the push buttons on phone are ok? none of them is stuck? double check.....
6th August 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 4,039

5,087 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for the advice! Sadly, the usb port on my phone stopped working awhile back (I have to use an external battery charger), so I'm probably out of luck if flashing is the only way to go. I know there probably isn't one, but do you know of any way to flash something from sd?

You can flash a ROM from the SD card, but not recovery.

IF the USB port is fried and you can't get it to boot to the ROM, then I don't think you could get recovery on it.
7th August 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX 404

does not look good , you may have to flash firmware again....

BTW all the push buttons on phone are ok? none of them is stuck? double check.....

Holy...CRAP.

I dismissed your advice about buttons at first, but a few hours later when I was dismantling my phone for the hundredth time during the two weeks that it's been broken, I decided that it couldn't hurt to check. Sure enough, disassembled, all the internal buttons are fine.

The buttons on the phone's outter shell, however? Totally bent. I straighten them out, put it all back together, and power it on. And it WORKED.

Dear friend, and I do consider you a friend, you gave me back something I thought I had lost, something I couldn't afford to replace.

From the bottom my heart, thank you. Thank you so very much.
7th August 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #9  
Flag Panama / Spain

1,569 posts
More
Quote:

Holy...CRAP.

I dismissed your advice about buttons at first, but a few hours later when I was dismantling my phone for the hundredth time during the two weeks that it's been broken, I decided that it couldn't hurt to check. Sure enough, disassembled, all the internal buttons are fine.

The buttons on the phone's outter shell, however? Totally bent. I straighten them out, put it all back together, and power it on. And it WORKED.

Dear friend, and I do consider you a friend, you gave me back something I thought I had lost, something I couldn't afford to replace.

From the bottom my heart, thank you. Thank you so very much.

Brother in Arms ......

Any time my friend , glad you fix it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread