Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Phone keeps rebooting since OTA

OP ghislandi

11th July 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Hi
I have UK version of s4, not rooted and on standard rom.
I have done an ota last week and since then the phone keeps on rebooting.
So much for the promised stability improvements!
I'm now on kernel 3.4.0.1567293
Android 4.4.2
I have done a master reset but the issue persist...
Any suggestions?
11th July 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Nueva Andalucía
Thanks Meter: 26
 
422 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghislandi

Hi
I have UK version of s4, not rooted and on standard rom.
I have done an ota last week and since then the phone keeps on rebooting.
So much for the promised stability improvements!
I'm now on kernel 3.4.0.1567293
Android 4.4.2
I have done a master reset but the issue persist...
Any suggestions?

I think I have the same problem. I bought mine from Amazon Spain a few weeks ago. Since the OTA a couple of days ago, every time I open the flip cover, after about 10 seconds it reboots. It's not a bootloop. Mine was rooted with Towelroot. I had to reroot with the latest version of Towelroot. I didn't install a custom ROM as I want to keep my warranty valid. Was yours rooted?

I haven't tried a factory reset yet but, in view of your experience, it doesn't look like that will help.

My Build number now is KOT49H.I9505XXUG.NF1
Kernel 3.4.0 - 1854187

Are we alone?

How can I get back to the previous version?
Last edited by norm2002; 11th July 2014 at 12:03 PM.
11th July 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Mine is not rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by norm2002

I think I have the same problem. I bought mine from Amazon Spain a few weeks ago. Since the OTA a couple of days ago, every time I open the flip cover, after about 10 seconds it reboots. It's not a bootloop. Mine was rooted with Towelroot. I had to reroot with the latest version of Towelroot. I didn't install a custom ROM as I want to keep my warranty valid. Was yours rooted?

I haven't tried a factory reset yet but, in view of your experience, it doesn't look like that will help.

My Build number now is KOT49H.I9505XXUG.NF1
Kernel 3.4.0 - 1854187

Are we alone?

How can I get back to the previous version?

Hi... Mine is totally standard... Not rooted. I have seen some posts from other people but not that many. I wonder if any of my apps clashes... I have written to Samsung...
12th July 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #4  
ZordanKV's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 853
 
497 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghislandi

Hi
I have UK version of s4, not rooted and on standard rom.
I have done an ota last week and since then the phone keeps on rebooting.
So much for the promised stability improvements!
I'm now on kernel 3.4.0.1567293
Android 4.4.2
I have done a master reset but the issue persist...
Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by norm2002

I think I have the same problem. I bought mine from Amazon Spain a few weeks ago. Since the OTA a couple of days ago, every time I open the flip cover, after about 10 seconds it reboots. It's not a bootloop. Mine was rooted with Towelroot. I had to reroot with the latest version of Towelroot. I didn't install a custom ROM as I want to keep my warranty valid. Was yours rooted?

I haven't tried a factory reset yet but, in view of your experience, it doesn't look like that will help.

My Build number now is KOT49H.I9505XXUG.NF1
Kernel 3.4.0 - 1854187

Are we alone?

How can I get back to the previous version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghislandi

Hi... Mine is totally standard... Not rooted. I have seen some posts from other people but not that many. I wonder if any of my apps clashes... I have written to Samsung...

I had the same problem. Solved it by flashing other kernel.
12th July 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Nueva Andalucía
Thanks Meter: 26
 
422 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZordanKV

I had the same problem. Solved it by flashing other kernel.

I think mine is sorted now, too. I thought I had fixed it last night. After reading another thread, I switched my spare battery. It worked for an hour but then started the same problem.

My next step was a factory reset but not letting Google automatically reinstall my old apps in case one of these was the culprit. I haven't finished reinstalling everything but, so far, it has not rebooted itself. Fingers definitely crossed. Probably posting this will be my downfall!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes