Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 49,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone stuck in bootloop but stays on in download mode

Tip us?
 
farazk86
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jun 2011
Unhappy [Q] Phone stuck in bootloop but stays on in download mode

I have a i9505.

My phone is stuck in a boot loop. The phone keeps restarting after the samsung logo for normal startup and for recovery. So recovery is also not working.

However phone is working fine in download mode and stays on for as long as I want. So this means that my power button is not at fault.

I have tried the guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477 But this has not fixed my problem and phone is still stcuk in boot loop.

Please help.

Thank you
 
Tkkg1994
Old
#2  
Tkkg1994's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 234
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by farazk86 View Post
I have a i9505.

My phone is stuck in a boot loop. The phone keeps restarting after the samsung logo for normal startup and for recovery. So recovery is also not working.

However phone is working fine in download mode and stays on for as long as I want. So this means that my power button is not at fault.

I have tried the guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477 But this has not fixed my problem and phone is still stcuk in boot loop.

Please help.

Thank you
Try to flash the latest MD5.tar from here:https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_...Edition/jflte/

After that your recovery should work fine. Flash it through odin3.09 selecting AP. If it don't work uncheck AutoReboot
My Devices: Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) (LTE), Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T805) (LTE) and Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) (Int). Love to all Googy Max kernels and to Philz Touch Recovery. <3





Please hit Thanks if I helped you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tkkg1994 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stuntsy99
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994 View Post
Try to flash the latest MD5.tar from here:https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_...Edition/jflte/

After that your recovery should work fine. Flash it through odin3.09 selecting AP. If it don't work uncheck AutoReboot
He/She says that its stuck in a boot loop for both a normal and recovery boot... I think they should flash the original Samsung S4 firmware, then the custom recovery to be safe.

Grab an original android image from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ (matching your currently installed firmware/country), and flash it with ODIN as AP or PDA (depending on the version of ODIN you have), while the phone is in download mode. You may have to flash it twice in a row (I'm not sure why but it works for me).

Then you can flash a custom recovery and whatever rom you wish.
The Following User Says Thank You to stuntsy99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
farazk86
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntsy99 View Post
He/She says that its stuck in a boot loop for both a normal and recovery boot... I think they should flash the original Samsung S4 firmware, then the custom recovery to be safe.

Grab an original android image from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ (matching your currently installed firmware/country), and flash it with ODIN as AP or PDA (depending on the version of ODIN you have), while the phone is in download mode. You may have to flash it twice in a row (I'm not sure why but it works for me).

Then you can flash a custom recovery and whatever rom you wish.
This is what I have been doing. I have flashed the firmware from samsung twice as well but no luck.

The recovery is not working either. Its just stuck in a boot loop
 
Tkkg1994
Old
#5  
Tkkg1994's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 234
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by farazk86 View Post
This is what I have been doing. I have flashed the firmware from samsung twice as well but no luck.

The recovery is not working either. Its just stuck in a boot loop
That's why I said reinstall the recovery
My Devices: Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) (LTE), Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T805) (LTE) and Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) (Int). Love to all Googy Max kernels and to Philz Touch Recovery. <3





Please hit Thanks if I helped you!!
 
farazk86
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994 View Post
That's why I said reinstall the recovery
I did. ANd it did not help. Its still stuck in boot loop
 
stuntsy99
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by farazk86 View Post
I did. ANd it did not help. Its still stuck in boot loop
Hmm, that is weird...

I believe the only other thing to try is to flash in ODIN the partition layout (.pit) file as you might have corrupted it somehow... but I have never done this, so I can't give you any personal advice.

The .pit file is in that thread you linked, as the "I9505_pit file.zip" attachment. See Note 2 on what to do with it.

... Otherwise it sounds like its defective.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more

Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more

Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more