Ask a question

No registration required

Phone warranty

OP adilabdi110

4th September 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

99 posts
Hey guys i wants to know how can i know my phone warranty, on my phone is there any code or something.. Plzz help me rhnks in advance..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th September 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bern
Thanks Meter: 21

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adilabdi110

Hey guys i wants to know how can i know my phone warranty, on my phone is there any code or something.. Plzz help me rhnks in advance..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Boot into Download-Mode via pressing and holding the Home-Button, Power-Button and the Volume Down button while your phone is off.
Then accept the warning and you will be in Download mode. In the upper left corner there will somewhere be a variable called "KNOX_WARRANTY_VOID". If you see 0x1 after this, you don't have your warranty anymore. If it's 0x0, you still have it.

You can't see if the warranty from the place you've bought it is still there, this is only the Samsung warranty! :3
5th September 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 162

469 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WerWolv

Boot into Download-Mode via pressing and holding the Home-Button, Power-Button and the Volume Down button while your phone is off.
Then accept the warning and you will be in Download mode. In the upper left corner there will somewhere be a variable called "KNOX_WARRANTY_VOID". If you see 0x1 after this, you don't have your warranty anymore. If it's 0x0, you still have it.

You can't see if the warranty from the place you've bought it is still there, this is only the Samsung warranty! :3

Knox 0x1 or Warrantee bit=1 does not mean your warrantee is void. I had my mainboard and screen replaced after having tripped knox.
6th September 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bern
Thanks Meter: 21

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboss01

Knox 0x1 or Warrantee bit=1 does not mean your warrantee is void. I had my mainboard and screen replaced after having tripped knox.

3 months before i broke the screen of my S4 and went to the shop where i bought it. After 2 weeks i got it back with the message that my phone was modified and will not get any warranty because of this. This may be different for some shops or carriers...
6th September 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #5  
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 162

469 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WerWolv

3 months before i broke the screen of my S4 and went to the shop where i bought it. After 2 weeks i got it back with the message that my phone was modified and will not get any warranty because of this. This may be different for some shops or carriers...

I took my S4 direct to Samsung. I just flashed a stock ROM before I took it. My guess is here in South Africa either they don't know or they don't care about the Knox flag.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread