[Q&A] [ROM][I9505][XXUGNG4] [AROMA]Samy Deluxe S5 Style Pick Your King

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][I9505][XXUGNG4] [AROMA]Samy Deluxe S5 Style Pick Your King

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

NicoK249

Sep 17, 2014
Hey guys,

since I would like to use my Samsung S4 for screen mirroring via AppRadio Unchained on my 2DIN headunit in my car, I try to get the MHL connection to work with root access. Unfortunately, my phone does not get any MHl/HDMI connection. Is it possible to use an MHL connection with this ROM? I've read that custom ROMs do not support screen mirroring.
Do I also have to use a different kernel?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
Nico

alejayjohn

Jan 31, 2013
actually there are some important bugs wich i discovered :

- the airplane mode in the notifications panel rarely works ( this causes for the phone not to turn on mobile signal anymore even if we push the airplane mode again ( the only way to solve this is rebooting )
- when you turn off the mobile data the logo in the status bar still stays like mobile data is on and if course mobile data is not working ( the only way to solve this is rebooting )

i really love this rom but i cannot reboot my phone so many times a day because i am in the habbit of turning off mobile data when i arrive to places with good wifi and also when i charge my phone i always put it in airplane mode

is there any way to solve these issues ?

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
actually there are some important bugs wich i discovered :

- the airplane mode in the notifications panel rarely works ( this causes for the phone not to turn on mobile signal anymore even if we push the airplane mode again ( the only way to solve this is rebooting )
- when you turn off the mobile data the logo in the status bar still stays like mobile data is on and if course mobile data is not working ( the only way to solve this is rebooting )

i really love this rom but i cannot reboot my phone so many times a day because i am in the habbit of turning off mobile data when i arrive to places with good wifi and also when i charge my phone i always put it in airplane mode

is there any way to solve these issues ?

I would install this other great ROM, also S5 themed: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4/i9505-develop/moving-please-post-t2864816
Greetings :)

AlexxGn

Oct 15, 2014
Big issue, please reply fast

I have just rooted my S4, flashed the twrp through Odin and went on installing the Samy Deluxe Rom. Everything went fine until i rebooted the device.
Now it says on the top corner: " kernel is not seandroid enforcing " -- i read this is not a problem, and it tells me that the device is using a custom kernel.
The problem is that sometimes it starts the boot animation and fails it or other times it just gives a black screen and fails.. it vibrates 2 times and resets and i cant use the rom.
Now that i cant acces the phones folders, i dont have any other rom to install and the phone is kinda broken. What can i do?

Bill0gi

Oct 1, 2014
Samy Deluxe S5 issues

Hello, I don't post often, so I directed me to post here... but I just wanted to voice a couple of minor issues with the ROM. Other than these slight issues, it is a fantasic ROM and one of the most stable I have installed in a long time.

The issues are as follows:

-Default apps don't seem to be stored, it will ask each time which app to use, even if you choose "always use this app"
-The phone hangs in "call mode" when trying to make a call when there is 16% battery or less. The call will not connect, it will just get stuck on the dialling screen.

That's pretty much all I can think of!

jcomana

Dec 31, 2011
Maracaibo
The link to download the ROM on the web is down. Cause someone may post the link on other server like mega or other one?? Thanks in advance

KM434

Nov 4, 2014
Problem with samy deluxe rom

The only issue im finding so far with this rom is unlike the s5, a long press on the menu key opens the task switcher, same as the short key press
on s5 a long key press opens the options menu like before
there is also a xposed module caled MenuBeGone which is supposed to enable the same process as s5 still didnt fix the issue

jediarts

Nov 6, 2014
Hi,
I'm trying to get a stock S5 look (with all the S5 features) on my S4. I like this ROM but I'm trying to make the 'power button menu' or the 'reboot menu' to look stock.

Can someone help me with making the 'power button menu' look stock (or minimal)?
By stock, I mean without extra features like "Mobile Data Mode, Take Screenshot, Flashlight, etc"
(By replacing/editing resource files/apk/framework/etc, I'm not sure how to do it?)

I've attached photos to show what I'm trying to accomplish. (Just a stock looking power button menu)

Attachments

• example1.jpg
    example1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 188
  • example2.jpg
    example2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 188

thedarkiron

Nov 26, 2013
Mexico
Problem

I installed the rom and I've realized that you can not use the screen mirroring when this concectando disconnects there any way to make it work well?
great rom by the way the best I have found excellent job.
regards

glitch529

Jun 17, 2014
Manila
yeah this rom works perfect but the only issue was the S5 camera, can't use the filters & doesn't capture that's why I switched it back to S4 camera. :)

Any solutions for this?

vkez

Oct 5, 2014
Pinang
Samsung Galaxy S21
For who have problem with youtube after update to latest version and screen goes to black and white, try changing LCD density from build.prob editor.. it works for me. I set it to 475.

Im using this rom about 3 months and everything are fine..
just waiting for any new updates or lollipop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-22-13-52-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-22-13-52-26.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 82

PRo S4 User

Dec 28, 2014
My s4 is not stable with this rom

i have installed this rom on my Galaxy S4 it reboots 2 or 3 times and everything back to normal why ami facing it any the rom excellent i love it .........pls fix and help

Savvas1996

Dec 30, 2014
Signal on low battery disappears

I have this problem too. Anyone any solutions? Its really making the rom useless under 25% battery. PLEASE reply and give me any possible solutions. Already tried reinstall and did full wipes and stuff. So thats not the problem. Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Have you found out any solutions? I have this problem too :(

Alex-Bird

Jan 22, 2015
Kajaani
Youtube application, the problem

Whenever I try to watch videos or listen to music, photo display is an official (except Internet).
Version 6.0.10
See this image!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/H6etxbY5O1vX1HdWUuknB-Swc2bqDwW6ZtQZGuyyItQ=w346-h615-no

Top Liked Posts