Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 53,481 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Recovery Mode

Tip us?
 
Nebni
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default [Q] No Recovery Mode

I have an i337 NC1 build Galaxy S4 (AT&T). I'm totally new to custom roming, but I wanted to give it a shot for fun. I tried using towelroot along with SuperSu, and TWRP Manager to flash TWRP onto my phone because it supposedly worked on NC1. Apparently I did something wrong because I no longer have a recovery mode. It just gives the downloading/target screen when I try to access it. Am I screwed or is there some possible way for me to fix this? Thanks!
 
Gavin01
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 536
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebni View Post
I have an i337 NC1 build Galaxy S4 (AT&T). I'm totally new to custom roming, but I wanted to give it a shot for fun. I tried using towelroot along with SuperSu, and TWRP Manager to flash TWRP onto my phone because it supposedly worked on NC1. Apparently I did something wrong because I no longer have a recovery mode. It just gives the downloading/target screen when I try to access it. Am I screwed or is there some possible way for me to fix this? Thanks!
im also now suffering with this problem, rom just stopped working and ive been trying for 3 days to get it back ......

cant get into recovery but can get into download mode.............stock rom doesnt work even with a pit flash.....

ive even tried that qhusb repair thing.

if anyone knows how to get a recovery back it would be great??
 
Skyrider
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 39
Join Date: Apr 2011
Tried using ODIN to flash a recovery (TWRP for example) through download mode?

Example, google up: odin twrp recovery I9505

Also, using volume up or down to enter recovery mode?
 
Lennyz1988
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 223
Posts: 1,697
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebni View Post
I have an i337 NC1 build Galaxy S4 (AT&T). I'm totally new to custom roming, but I wanted to give it a shot for fun. I tried using towelroot along with SuperSu, and TWRP Manager to flash TWRP onto my phone because it supposedly worked on NC1. Apparently I did something wrong because I no longer have a recovery mode. It just gives the downloading/target screen when I try to access it. Am I screwed or is there some possible way for me to fix this? Thanks!
You can't just install a recovery just like that because at&t has a locked bootloader. You will probably need something like safestrap.

Go to the proper forum for help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att/help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin01 View Post
im also now suffering with this problem, rom just stopped working and ive been trying for 3 days to get it back ......

cant get into recovery but can get into download mode.............stock rom doesnt work even with a pit flash.....

ive even tried that qhusb repair thing.

if anyone knows how to get a recovery back it would be great??
That's a completely different problem. Sounds more like a hardware failure. But you should make your own thread with way more information if you want people to take a closer look.
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v3.0

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3
 
Skyrider
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 39
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988 View Post
You can't just install a recovery just like that because at&t has a locked bootloader. You will probably need something like safestrap.
Ah, right. Forgot about AT&T not exactly being so customize friendly, unlike the non-AT&T phones. Scratch what I said in my above post. AT&T phones have more restrictions (security) when it comes to flashing, etc. Use the link above and make sure you find a proper thread that will help you out.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes