5,815,022 Members 39,400 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Retrieve data from a S4 with broken and non-responsive screen

Tip us?

Old
(Last edited by 514179; 25th August 2014 at 10:46 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Retrieve data from a S4 with broken and non-responsive screen

So basically my S4 can be turned on, it's just the problem that I can't access the screen to unlock my phone so that my pc can recognize it and be able to access my photos.

I have spent my whole day on Google and tried to different methods, but still, I can't fix it.

I have tried this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2786395

but the "rejected" status is shown in the droid@screen. To solve this, I have to press accept the authorization in my phone which is impossible for me as the screen is broken.

Then, I tried to use the "adb pull" command in SDK platform tools, but it is failed as the msg "the device is unauthorized" is shown.

So basically, what can I do now?

I really want to save my photos. They are so valuable to me.

I hope someone here can help me

Eng is not my first language, I hope you guys can understand what I am saying, Thank you!

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
can anyone help?

LancerEvoDrifter
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 514179 View Post
So basically my S4 can be turned on, it's just the problem that I can't access the screen to unlock my phone so that my pc can recognize it and be able to access my photos.

I have spent my whole day on Google and tried to different methods, but still, I can't fix it.

I have tried this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2786395

but the "rejected" status is shown in the droid@screen. To solve this, I have to press accept the authorization in my phone which is impossible for me as the screen is broken.

Then, I tried to use the "adb pull" command in SDK platform tools, but it is failed as the msg "the device is unauthorized" is shown.

So basically, what can I do now?

I really want to save my photos. They are so valuable to me.

I hope someone here can help me

Eng is not my first language, I hope you guys can understand what I am saying, Thank you!
by any chance, is the phone locked? because if not, i would recommend trying one of samsungs software to pull the data and transfer onto another phone