Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] ROM and RECOVERY

OP lilibar

25th August 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
hello!
I have galaxy s4 i9500.
stock rom 4.4.2
I tried to flash 2 recoveries (philz and twrp) in both odin and flash from the stock recovery, but none of them worked!
I just want to flash one of this two recoveries so I will be able to flash a custom rom.
instead of working, the recovery stays the stock's recovery.
what should I do?
sorry for my bad English.
thanks!!
25th August 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 313
 
1,971 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Uncheck auto-reboot before flashing with Odin. That should probably fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyz1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibar

hello!
I have galaxy s4 i9500.
stock rom 4.4.2
I tried to flash 2 recoveries (philz and twrp) in both odin and flash from the stock recovery, but none of them worked!
I just want to flash one of this two recoveries so I will be able to flash a custom rom.
instead of working, the recovery stays the stock's recovery.
what should I do?
sorry for my bad English.
thanks!!

Uncheck auto reboot and when ot says reset on odin immediately do the recovery process from the download screen
Had the same problem
Sent from my SM-T210R using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to andr0id99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #4  
MAX 404's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Panama / Spain
Thanks Meter: 897
 
1,563 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andr0id99

Uncheck auto reboot and when ot says reset on odin immediately do the recovery process from the download screen
Had the same problem
Sent from my SM-T210R using XDA Free mobile app

Hi ,

Are you using the right tar file?



philz_touch_6.48.4-i9500.tar.md5
The Following User Says Thank You to MAX 404 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX 404

Hi ,

Are you using the right tar file?



philz_touch_6.48.4-i9500.tar.md5



yes
27th August 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #6  
MAX 404's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Panama / Spain
Thanks Meter: 897
 
1,563 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibar

yes

Hi,

it should work.....


what message shows Odin?
The Following User Says Thank You to MAX 404 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
philz recovery, problem, recovery, rom, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes