Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Rooted but can't flash recovery

OP nakomi

26th August 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi,

I have the samsung s4 (GT-i9505) and from what I can tell (from SuperSU) I have it rooted. However I cannot flash
clockwork recovery for some reason.

ROM manager states that the current recovery is ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7, yet when I try to reboot into recovery, I get the standard recovery screen and not the clockwork mod recovery.

I used heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --CACHE cache.img.ext4 to root the phone and unfortunately (as I am on OSX) I can't use odin. Any thoughts on how I can get clockwork recovery mod working?

Thanks in advance!

Nakomi
26th August 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 239

412 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakomi

Hi,

I have the samsung s4 (GT-i9505) and from what I can tell (from SuperSU) I have it rooted. However I cannot flash
clockwork recovery for some reason.

ROM manager states that the current recovery is ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7, yet when I try to reboot into recovery, I get the standard recovery screen and not the clockwork mod recovery.

I used heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --CACHE cache.img.ext4 to root the phone and unfortunately (as I am on OSX) I can't use odin. Any thoughts on how I can get clockwork recovery mod working?

Thanks in advance!

Nakomi

Odin is very very very usefull. So maybe install virtualbox with windows in it? It will help you 100%
26th August 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994

Odin is very very very usefull. So maybe install virtualbox with windows in it? It will help you 100%

I tried to get it working with virtualbox, but no matter what I tried (installing drivers, messing about with USB passthrough) I could never get odin to recognise my phone
26th August 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #4  

412 posts
More
Quote:

I tried to get it working with virtualbox, but no matter what I tried (installing drivers, messing about with USB passthrough) I could never get odin to recognise my phone

But when you normal start your phone and connect it to your Mac, than virtualbox shows the Galaxy S4 and recognize it in kies?
26th August 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 32

96 posts
More
Use Odin from another computer, like friend's computer.
Last edited by LironImaN; 26th August 2014 at 11:03 PM.
27th August 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Okay, so I installed windows on another laptop and got odin working. After odin completes "successfully" I still can't access clockwork mod recovery.

The phone has been rooted but I still get the stock recovery screen when I enter recovery mode.

Any thoughts?
27th August 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #7  

412 posts
More
Quote:

Okay, so I installed windows on another laptop and got odin working. After odin completes "successfully" I still can't access clockwork mod recovery.

The phone has been rooted but I still get the stock recovery screen when I enter recovery mode.

Any thoughts?

Uncheck Auto Reboot. should work fine

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread